Why does the temperature rise?
During life, the human body carefully maintains the state of homeostasis - the constancy of indicators of the internal environment. For this, nature has developed various mechanisms of self-regulation, which include changes in body temperature depending on the current needs of organs and tissues, as well as the characteristics of the environment.
Why the temperature rises: diseases
The most well-known cause of fever is familiar to almost every person since childhood - it is the common cold and other respiratory infections. The presence of a temperature of 37�38 degrees indicates that the body actively resists the disease and its immunity meets pathogens fully armed. In this case, doctors do not even recommend taking antipyretic, which allows the body to cope with the problem. Starting drug treatment is desirable only when the threshold is exceeded 38 degrees.
In addition to acute respiratory infections and acute respiratory viral infections, fever is caused by undertreated antritis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis, gynecological diseases or caries.In this case, the symptom speaks of the inflammatory process occurring in the body.
For other diseases accompanied by fever, read our article What can be fever.
Temperature rise in adults
Consider common causes.
- Hearty lunch. It happens that after eating heavy food the body temperature rises to speed up the digestion. A drunk hot tea or other drink also increases the thermometer readings by about half a degree. This is due to the expansion of blood vessels, which is required to get rid of the "extra" heat inside. For this reason, during illness, accompanied by temperature, experts recommend warm drinking and food, as well as the rejection of the heating friction.
- Intense physical exertion. Often, athletes and people who exercise, there is an increase in temperature, which may be one of the symptoms of excessive load. Easy to solve the problem allows sufficient rest and dosing of sports.
- Overheating of the body. Did you just take a bath, lie in the sun or go to the bath? If you now use a thermometer, you can find a temperature increase, which will pass by itself in a few minutes after the procedure.
- Twilight onset. The organism is so constituted that in the evening the temperature rises somewhat. In this morning, the measurements will give minimal readings. This is normal and quite common in humans. Such temperature fluctuations during the day are natural and are caused by the body�s need for homeostasis.
- Strong stress. As a result of a serious stressful situation, the ratio of various hormones changes, the body prepares for serious work, perhaps at the limit of strength, therefore the body temperature rises. There is even a special term - psychogenic temperature, that is, caused by nervous experiences.
- Women also have a rise in temperature during ovulation, and at an older age during menopause, the end of the fertile period of life.
Temperature increase in a child
Why does the child have a fever? In newborns and infants, temperature regulation is poorly developed, it is still imperfect and only being formed. Therefore, a temporary increase in the temperature of the child contributes to being in a hot room, warm clothing, exposure to the sun, etc.Try to avoid appearing outside on hot summer days and do not wear your child too warm.
Another reason for the increase in thermometer readings can be the cry and even prolonged laughter of a baby. Any activity in childhood as well as in adults is accompanied by a rise in temperature.
These symptoms should not be a concern if after a while the readings return to normal. Over time, the body will �learn� to quickly adapt to environmental changes and restore physiological balance in time.
A gift for February 14 favorite
Nolla hut in Finland, excluding the negative impact on nature
Ksenia Sobchak breaks stereotypes about pregnancy
Cooking Crispy Waffles
Pros and cons of shuttle race