What is useful folic acid for men?
Many people know that folic acid is very useful for women, especially those planning pregnancy. Do men need such a vitamin? It is necessary and the representatives of the stronger sex, and soon you will find out why.
What is this substance?
Folic acid is vitamin B9, which belongs to group B vitamins and is water soluble. He enters the human body with food and, once there, is transformed into tetrahydrofolic acid. The latter belongs to the category of coenzymes and actively participates in various metabolic processes, and also ensures the normalization of cell structure and their maintenance in the normal state.
An interesting fact: folic acid was identified as part of the yeast in the late 30s of the last century. In the 41st year, we managed to get it out of spinach, and four years later, researchers received synthetic vitamin B9.
Why do folic acid need a man?
Many people know that vitamin B9 is prescribed for future mothers and women, only planning pregnancy, for normal fetal development and reducing the risks of various pathologies.Is folic acid important for men? Yes, and very much so. Here are its main functions in the male body and useful properties:
- Participation in the synthesis of proteins. And if we consider that proteins are used by the human body as the main building material, it can be concluded that vitamin B9 is necessary for the formation of new healthy cells.
- Promoting the correct biosynthesis of nucleic acids carrying genetic information. That is, folic acid reduces the risk of "breakdown" of DNA and chromosomal abnormalities, reducing the likelihood of congenital abnormalities of the fetus.
- Normalization of the functioning of the bone marrow - stimulation of the timely maturation of red blood cells.
- Taking part in the synthesis and smooth operation of leukocytes, which are important components of the immune system. Thus, the vitamin helps strengthen the immune system.
- Ensuring the proper and complete assimilation by the body of other vitamins belonging to group B and which are extremely necessary and indispensable.
- Improving the functioning of the brain, the regulation of the production of certain hormones.
- Regulation of the bowels, liver.
- Normalization of appetite.
- Maintain skin pigmentation.
- Elimination of the effects of stress, increasing stress tolerance.
- Participation in the synthesis of hydrochloric acid, which is an important component of gastric juice and ensures timely processing of incoming food.
- Normalization of blood pressure.
- Reducing the risk of strokes, heart attacks.
- Reducing the concentration of low-density lipoproteins (the so-called "bad" cholesterol), which penetrate into the vascular walls and, getting into them in increased quantities, form cholesterol plaques and provoke the development of atherosclerosis.
Thus, vitamin B9 will help a man to improve his health and prepare for the continuation of the race. Folic acid builds up hormones, supports reproductive functions, ensures proper spermatogenesis (maturation of germ cells), and also ensures healthy offspring.
Good to know! Women need to receive folic acid in sufficient quantities to prevent miscarriages in the early stages and the proper formation of the neural tube of the fetus and its circulatory system.
How to get vitamin B9 from food?
Folic acid enters the body along with the food consumed. The leader in content can be called leafy greens, and spinach is especially useful from this point of view. Salad leaves, rucola, basil, cilantro are also noteworthy.
There is vitamin B9 in meat products, especially in beef and lamb. It is present in offal - in the liver, hearts and kidneys of cattle and poultry. The diet should include fermented milk products: yogurt, cheese, kefir, cottage cheese. You can also eat cereals (buckwheat, barley), legumes (lentils, chick peas, beans), mushrooms and sea fish.
Do I need to take?
Is supplementation of folic acid needed? Of course, it enters the body of a man with food, but the nutrition of modern people leaves much to be desired, and few manage to eat a balanced, full and correct. The situation is aggravated by the influence of negative factors: bad habits, unfavorable living and working conditions. So the replenishment of vitamin B9 will definitely be useful.
Another argument in favor of folic acid intake: in its synthetic form, it is absorbed by the body much better than in natural form, which it contains in food.Finally, it is worthwhile to replenish the vitamin B9 reserves in planning the continuation of the genus, and this will not only reduce the risks of fetal pathologies, but also accelerate the onset of conception and even prepare for the role of the father, which requires good health and strength.
How to take folic acid to the male? The daily rate for a healthy adult is 400 mcg, and this amount will be sufficient, provided that you maintain a healthy lifestyle and the absence of chronic diseases.
Rates increase in the presence of bad habits, such as smoking, drinking alcohol. Nicotine and alcohol, unfortunately, destroy vitamin B9 and increases the body's need for it. The dosage will also increase with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, in which the processes of absorption of nutrients from food are disturbed. In these cases, the dose can be increased to 700-1000 mcg.
Before you start, consult your doctor for advice so that he can help you find the dose and give recommendations regarding the regimen. Preparations containing folic acid are sold through pharmacies without prescriptions, and each package contains detailed instructions that should be carefully studied.
Helpful information! The maximum dose is 5 milligrams.But vitamin B9 is water soluble, which means that it is naturally excreted and excreted in the urine. An overdose is possible only if you take a dose at a time, which is one hundred times higher than the maximum one.
Folic acid is very useful for the male body and helps not only to strengthen health, but also to prepare for paternity. So if a woman plans a pregnancy, the husband is recommended to start taking vitamin B9.
Do-it-yourself gift: how to make a key chain
Characteristics of men and women Lviv in the year of Kota (Rabbit, Hare)
I die when I kill alduin What to do
How to cook crumbly lamb pilaf
What you need to know about grout mixes
How does a pregnant girl with HIV feel
The original and simple recipe for mini cheesecakes in just an hour
How to change the oil on Goetze