What is mulberry and how can I use it?
If you ate mulberry at least once, you probably had time to evaluate its taste. Did you know that it is also very useful? And from it you can make a lot of drinks and dishes!
What it is?
Mulberry is the fruit of the mulberry tree or, as it is otherwise called, mulberry. This plant belongs to the mulberry family, which includes 17 species. It is distributed mainly in subtropical and temperate climatic zones, for example, in Africa, North America, Asia and some regions of Europe.
The mulberry tree grows rather quickly in the early years, but then development slows down, so the height rarely exceeds 15 meters. But life can reach 200-300 years or more. The leaves are rather large, lobed (they are an important and almost the only source of nutrition for silkworms).
The fruits are complex, consisting of so-called drupes, rather fleshy and juicy. They have an oblong shape and are painted in white, red or dark purple (almost black) color. Dimensions are usually 1.5-2 centimeters.The taste is sweet and very pleasant, the aroma is characteristic, but not intrusive.
The composition of mulberry includes the mass of nutrients. Among them, various organic acids, fiber, carotene, di- and monosaccharides, carbohydrates, essential oils, resveratol, vitamins P, C, B, K, potassium, sodium, zinc, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, iron, copper. Fruits are also quite a lot of sugars, their content can reach 11%. A low calorie and is only 40-50 calories per hundred grams.
Useful properties of mulberry:
- The fruits of the mulberry tree are useful for the body, as they have a hematopoietic effect and improve the composition of the blood.
- Mulberry is a powerful natural antioxidant, neutralizing the destructive and dangerous activity of free radicals. Thus, with regular use, you can reduce the risks of developing cancer, as well as stop the processes of premature destruction and aging of tissues.
- Fruits can be used for coughing, as they have expectorant properties and perfectly dilute sputum.
- If every day there is mulberry, you can raise the level of hemoglobin and avoid the development of iron deficiency anemia.
- The potassium contained here helps to strengthen the heart muscle and normalize the work of the entire cardiovascular system.
- Mulberry will help to strengthen immunity and resist various infections.
- The fruits of mulberry have a general tonic effect, therefore, they are very useful for weakened people who have suffered serious illnesses, as well as constantly experiencing heavy loads.
- There are wound healing and astringent properties, so that externally mulberry can be used for wounds, and ingested - with lesions of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
- It is worth noting the antipyretic effect, which allows the use of the fruit for colds and other diseases accompanied by fever.
- Juice can be used for inflammatory and infectious lesions of the oral cavity, pharynx, gums, and throat.
- Mulberry can help to lose weight, because it is low-calorie and helps to normalize metabolic processes.
- Included in the composition of substances have a beneficial effect on the nervous system: improve sleep, increase stress resistance, reduce excitability.
- Fruits will help to improve digestion, especially ripe, which stimulate the motility of the intestinal walls.
- Useful mulberry for vision.
Can a mulberry do harm?
Can such a tasty and healthy mulberry do harm? Yes, in principle, like any other product used in excessive quantities. So, do not abuse the fruits of the mulberry tree for people suffering from diabetes, because the sugar content is quite high.
Also, large amounts of mulberry can cause various dyspeptic disorders, such as bloating and gas, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and so on. If you are allergic, then such a product can trigger the development of an undesirable reaction. Do not forget about individual intolerance.
What to cook?
Mulberry is often used as a filling for various baking, it can be added to any desserts. Delicious drinks are obtained from the fruit, including alcohol. And wine deserves special attention, the recipe of which will be discussed below.
List of required ingredients:
- two kilograms of mulberry fruit;
- five liters of water;
- 1500-1700 grams of granulated sugar;
- five to ten grams of citric acid.
- Mulberry should not be washed, despite the fact that it is usually collected from the ground. The fact is that on the surface there are fungi (that is, yeast), which are necessary to start the fermentation processes, and without it, the wine simply will not work. So just shake the dust off the berries and go on to the next step.
- You will need a large ten-liter capacity, preferably glass. Put all the fruit into it, add sugar and citric acid to it, and then pour water. Next, you should wear a rather thick rubber glove on the neck of the jar or bottle, which will be used as an elastic cap that collects the released gases. Fix it, and store the capacity in a fairly warm place.
- Soon the glove will start to inflate, and this will indicate that fermentation has begun, and carbon dioxide is actively released. When the glove is blown away, it will be a signal to complete the processes.
- Now fermented liquid must be poured into a large saucepan, pre-filtering with gauze.
- Put the container on the fire and simmer until all gases come out (in this case bubbles will not form).But it is important not to boil the drink, but to maintain its constant heat, and for this you can use the water bath.
- Try the wine, add sugar if necessary, and then pour the drink into bottles, close them and store in the refrigerator.
- If you decide to collect mulberry, then do not do it near the plants and roads, since in this case the fruit will contain harmful substances.
- Before use, the fruit is desirable to wash.
- You should not eat mulberry trees along with other berries, it can lead to indigestion.
Be sure to enjoy the taste and benefit of juicy mulberry!
Why so insulting male phrase Do not carry my brain
Original knitted adornments: patterns, photos
How to cook a cake Napoleon at home
How to learn to have people
Benefits and contraindications for glycol peeling
5 elegant beams: simple technique - excellent result
Simple TV Antenna
Plastic Pipe Drilling Machine