What is in the Great post? 16 helpful lean recipes
Lent is an important event for the Orthodox. The fast begins preparation for Easter. This is a period of purification not only of the body, but also of the soul. Meals during the period of fasting change dramatically. We have to forget about the usual dishes and switch to vegetable products.
Animal food - eggs, milk, cheese, meat, butter and others, is excluded from the diet. Prepared at home, the dishes should not be heavily salted or seasoned with spices. This is too much. The taste of food should be bland, neutral.
According to dieticians, vegetable food does not harm the body. All vitamins, microelements, proteins can be obtained from vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, legumes. During the fasting period, with its strict observance, the organism is cleansed, toxins are released.
General food directions by day
- From Monday to Friday the first week of fasting is allowed to consume cold foods, without vegetable fat, without heat treatment.
The most strict days of the fast period include the first seven weeks, as well as Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays of the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth weeks.
- From products on strict days, bread, baked without milk and butter, is allowed.
- Tuesday and Thursday - you can eat hot food, but without vegetable fats.
- On Saturday and Sunday it is allowed to add sunflower oil to dishes.
- The diet should be enriched with vitamins, adding greens, vegetables and fruits.
- Fasting is the time when you can try other types of cereals - barley, millet, corn, lentils.
- Use dried fruits, honey, mushrooms, nuts, beans. They support the body, rich in trace elements, proteins, carbohydrates.
Well quench hunger avocado. This is a high-calorie product. Salad with it will fill the lack of vitamins and saturate the body.
- one avocado;
- a pair of tomatoes;
- one bulb medium size;
- two cucumbers;
- two hundred grams of radish;
- lemon juice.
- All components cut.
- Onion grind, and hold for 10 minutes in lemon juice.
- Mix it up.
- Season with lemon juice.
- When vegetable oils are allowed, add olive oil.
Recipe for fortified lean salad
- one cucumber;
- one lemon;
- a bunch of mint;
- one grenade;
- a glass of "couscous";
- tablespoon honey;
- 2 tbsp. l. olive oil.
- Cook the couscous and place in a deep container.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, salt and pour into rice, mix.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, add grated lemon peel, chopped mint, chopped cucumber, honey.
- Mix everything.
Salad is ready to eat.
Salad from the usual vegetables
- a pound of cabbage;
- one big bell pepper;
- a pair of cucumbers;
- a bunch of fresh dill;
- tablespoon of sugar;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- Table vinegar - one, you can two tbsp. spoons;
- vegetable oil.
- Cabbage chop into thin strips, pepper strips, cucumber strips, crumble dill.
- Mix cabbage with salt, vinegar, sugar and mash it until juice appears, then add pepper and cucumber, season with butter.
Buckwheat porridge with vegetables
Vegetables can take any, to taste.
- one onion;
- one carrot;
- one pepper;
- one tomato;
- one eggplant;
- green beans - 100g;
- olive or sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Buckwheat for a specified number of vegetables, take two hundred grams.
- First, fry the onions and carrots in a frying pan.
- Then they add pepper, eggplant.
- Stew for about seven minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
- Beans are sent to the pan. Prepare another 5 minutes.
- Washed buckwheat is added to vegetables, water is poured (2 parts of water is added to 1 part of buckwheat).
- Spread tomato and garlic on top, salted and boiled until cooked.
Buckwheat should turn out friable, without excess water.
Oatmeal with nuts and dried fruits
Regular porridge on the water during fasting can be diversified by adding nuts, candied fruits, raisins, dried fruits. The following oatmeal recipe with these ingredients.
- a glass of oatmeal;
- 30 g of candied fruits and dried fruits;
- 50 grams of nuts;
- a pinch of salt;
- some fresh fruit.
In the pan lay out rolled oats, nuts, candied fruits, dried fruits, salt. Water take two glasses. Cook for 12-15 minutes. When serving, you can decorate the dish with fresh berries or fruits.
Borsch in a slow cooker
It takes 2 hours to prepare, but the result is worth the time spent. It turns out rich, aromatic, thick borsch. The slow cooker preserves the flavor, aroma, shape of vegetables.
- one large beet;
- one or two carrots;
- one onion;
- one large pepper;
- cabbage - a quarter of the average head;
- three potatoes;
- liter of water;
- salt to taste;
- two bay leaves.
Cut vegetables, diced, strips, etc. Prepared ingredients, except potatoes, put in a multicooker container, add half a glass of water. Close, cook half an hour in quenching mode. Then add chopped potatoes, salt, water. Cook another hour in soup mode.
Lean solyanka with mushrooms
- 150 grams of sauerkraut;
- 400 g fresh cabbage;
- 150 g onions and carrots;
- 200 grams of dried and fresh mushrooms;
- 200 g salted cucumbers;
- 3 tablespoons marinated capers;
- any fresh greens;
- three bay leaves;
- 5 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- spices and salt to taste;
- Soak dried mushrooms, when soften pour in another half a liter of water. Boil for half an hour.
- Fresh mushrooms cut into plates. Grate carrots. Cut onion and fry.Cabbage finely chop. Cucumbers also cut.
- Add grated carrots, cucumbers, sauerkraut to fried onions. Extinguish about three minutes.
- Add fresh cabbage, salt, pasta. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- To boiling dried mushrooms add fresh, capers, bay leaf.
- Transfer the vegetables to the mushroom broth and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour greens, a little salt, spices.
- Turn off the slow cooker and let the soup stand.
If you wish, you can add something of your own or remove something that is not to your taste.
Lean soup - a simple recipe
- a pound of cabbage;
- five potatoes;
- three carrots;
- two onions;
- six cloves of garlic;
- any greens;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Shred cabbage, immerse in 2.5 liters of water, add salt, cook for half an hour. Cut onions, carrots, garlic.
- First fry the garlic lightly, add the onions with carrots to it and fry until golden.
- Add cabbage to the cabbage, boil for 10 minutes, then fall asleep roasting from vegetables.
- Boil for 5 minutes, turn off.
- Throw greens, insist 15 minutes.
Lean pilaf with mushrooms
- 400 grams of rice;
- 600 ml of water;
- five fresh champignons;
- one large onion;
- two cloves of garlic;
- salt, allspice to taste;
- 20 ml of soy sauce;
- some vegetable oil for roasting;
- Fry rice to transparency - 5 minutes. Add water, salt, pepper, turmeric. Cover the container with a lid and cook for about half an hour on low heat.
- Onion finely cut into cubes, mushrooms - plates. Fry them together.
- Add the sauce to the mushrooms with onion, add salt and stew.
- Cut the greens and garlic, throw to roasting.
- Ready rice mix with mushroom roasting. The pilaf is ready.
Potato patties with peas
- a kilo of potatoes;
- a glass of canned peas;
- one small onion;
- one bay leaf;
- seasonings to taste;
- cooking oil for frying;
- Flour for rolling.
- Cook potatoes in water with bay leaf. Puree made from it.
- Finely chop the onion, fry until golden brown and mix with mashed potatoes. During the preparation of onions, you can add turmeric and paprika.
- Pour peas without liquid, salt and mix.
- It remains to form the cutlets, roll in flour and put on a greased pan.
- After frying on both sides, serve with tomatoes, mushrooms, and various sauces.
Stuffed cabbage fast mushroom
- 700 g of mushrooms (champignons, oyster mushrooms or others);
- a head of cabbage weighing 1.5 kg;
- two carrots;
- two hundred grams of rice;
- one onion;
- salt, greens, pepper, ground to taste;
- 4 laurel leaves;
- 4 black peppercorns;
- 3 tbsp. l. tomato;
- vegetable fat for frying.
- Preparation of cabbage leaves. Top leaves to tear off. Around the sticks make a few cuts, put the head in the water, boil in boiling water for about 5 minutes. After taking out the head out of the water, remove the soft leaves. Reaching fresh leaves, repeat the procedure. Do not digest, otherwise they will begin to tear.
- Cook the rice for seven minutes.
- Carrots and onion grate.
- Finely chop the mushrooms.
- Carrots, mushrooms, fry onions, add rice to them.
- Salt, pepper, mix. The stuffing is ready.
- Next, take a leaf of cabbage. The required amount of mushroom stuffing is laid out on it and wrapped in an envelope. Cabbage rolls are stacked in one row tightly to each other.
- Cooking sauce. A little flour is fried in oil, add tomato paste and pour in 500 ml of water.The sauce is salted, peppered and allowed to boil for 3 minutes. Cabbage rolls are watered with sauce, bay leaves and peppercorns are laid out on top. Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes. The temperature regime is 200 degrees.
Barley Porridge with Pumpkin
- 200 g of pearl barley;
- 600 ml of water;
- one onion;
- 270 g pumpkin;
- one big carrot;
- 30 grams of vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper, ground to taste.
- Barley survive the night in the water. Grate the pumpkin.
- With barley drain the water and pour fresh. Mix grits with pumpkin.
- Stir and cook for about an hour on low heat. If the water boils away, you can add more.
- Cut the onion and fry it. Grate carrots and continue to fry with onions.
- Mix the porridge with the roast. Pepper, salt and even hold on low heat for five minutes.
- Let stand under the lid.
Desserts and Baking
- 75 g of oatmeal;
- 140 g of sugar and wheat flour;
- 3 tablespoons of any fruit juice;
- 50 grams of vegetable oil;
- ⅓ tsp salt and soda.
- Combine dry ingredients (salt, sugar, flour, soda). Mix the oil with the juice, and then gradually pour into the composition with flour.
- Knead the dough, it should be soft, tender, not stick to your hands.
- Roll out, cut into squares or use biscuit molds.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
- In the dough, you can add candied fruits, nuts, dried fruits.
What is required:
- 150 g of orange freshly squeezed juice, sugar, vegetable fat (oil);
- rind of one big orange;
- 380 g of flour;
- two art. l. water;
- one article l. vinegar;
- the third part of ch. salts;
- one tsp soda
- Mix juice, butter, sugar. Wait until the sugar has dissolved, add flour, salt, zest, add vinegar.
- Knead homogeneous dough. Combine the soda with water and send to the dough.
- Grease the cake pan with vegetable fat, lightly flour and pour out the mass.
- Oven 40 minutes at 180 degrees. Sprinkle the finished cupcake with powdered sugar.
Cake "Napoleon" - lean
Ingredients for cakes:
- a glass of vegetable oil;
- a glass of mineral water with gas;
- 0.5 tsp. salts;
- 4 and a half cups of flour.
Ingredients for cream:
- 200 g of semolina;
- 300 g of sugar;
- liter of water;
- 150 grams of almonds;
- one lemon.
- Cakes. Pour water into the oil and add salt. In the mixture in small portions pour the flour and knead nonstick.
- Soak the dough in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Mass divided into 12 or 15 parts. Thinly roll each piece, bake for 5-7 minutes.
- After rolling do not forget to chop with a fork. Temperature - 200 degrees.
- Cream. Grind almonds in a crumb, pouring in water. Get something like milk.
- Mix it with sugar, put on the fire. After boiling pour carefully semolina.
- Boil until it turns thick porridge. Cool, pour lemon juice and chopped zest, beat with a blender.
- Lubricate cakes and let soak for 5 hours. Top can be powdered crumbs from the cakes.
Baked apples with nuts and honey
- four large, with dense, firm pulp, apples;
- 60 grams of walnuts and the same amount of honey;
- four tsp. Sahara;
- st. l. cinnamon
- Wash apples, remove the core, expanding upwards without breaking.
- Pour a teaspoonful of sugar into the hole. There is a little cinnamon on it, and walnuts complete the composition.
- Grease the form with vegetable oil. Apples should not touch. Keep a distance of at least three cm.
- Bake in the oven for about half an hour at 180. Ensure that the skin does not crack much.
Finished fruits put on a flat dish and pour with liquid honey.
What they eat in monasteries during Lent
There is no general catering for all monasteries taken together. The charter assumes the set of dishes and products, with observance of the generally accepted norms.
- The monks of Athos on Saturdays and Sundays eat seafood, excluding fish.
- Cyprus brothers, except Wednesday with Friday, prepares octopuses with aromatic spices.
- In the northern areas, people spend a lot of energy, so to keep warm the statute allowed the use of fish. It is allowed to cook on Sundays.
- Eastern monks find it easier to cope with hunger, and their charter distributes the use of certain types of vegetables and fruits by day.
- For Russian monks, the first week of the fast and the last is especially strict. The brethren these days are not dining. But, for them, bread, boiled potatoes, fermented vegetables are always ready.
During fasting, all animal products are excluded from the diet.
How to make a full menu for every day
During a fasting the habitual ration changes, that can negatively affect health, therefore it is necessary to approach seriously to drawing up of the plan of a food.
- The main dishes on the table will consist of vegetable products, beans, grains, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, nuts, honey.
- The usual diet should be left. It should be attended and breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner.
- Animal food is the source of protein. Without it, there is a feeling of hunger. No need to lean on sweets. This will have a bad effect on the figure. To fill the lack of protein will help legumes, mushrooms, whole grains, nuts. They perfectly satisfy hunger.
- Include soy products in the menu.
The list of allowed food at the time of fasting is quite large. From them you can prepare full dishes.
Lean food - vegetarian. Eat vegetables, fruits. During the post you can lose weight, losing a week from 2 to 7 pounds. Low-fat foods provide weight reduction. Vegetable food refreshes, cleanses the body, speeds up the metabolism, but losing weight is possible if you do not lean on nuts, cereals with sweet fruits, which increase the calorie content of dishes.
Who regularly observes the post less likely to suffer from heart disease, their blood vessels for a long time retain elasticity, cholesterol is maintained at a safe level.
The Holy Scripture says that the refusal of entertainment, gluttony, even for the time of fasting, helps to direct thoughts in the right direction, to look at the world in a different way, to change something in life. Fasting is considered a time of repentance, purification not only of the body, but also of the soul. A man as if awakens from a long sleep, sees everything in a different light. There is a desire to do good deeds, to correct old mistakes. With this step begins the path to God.
How to shorten the bolt correctly
Three-phase single-phase voltage for 5 minutes
French cuisine: frog legs
How to cook herring under a fur coat - 9 step-by-step recipes
Warehouse for storage of goods at Minsk Highway