What is compulsive overeating?
Surely at least once in our lives, each of us overeat. And it often happens during holidays, when there are so many goodies on the table. But compulsive overeating is already a big problem. And to solve it, you need to grasp the essence and follow some rules.
What is the essence of compulsive overeating?
What it is? Compulsive overeating is an eating disorder that is systematic overeating and the inability to control the amount of food consumed. In other words, this is gluttony.
The desire to eat well arises for many, and this is normal. For example, we often overeat on holidays, which is associated with a huge number of delicious dishes, each of which I want to try. But compulsive overeating is a disorder that can be identified by the following signs:
- The inability to control the amount of food consumed.
- Bouts of gluttony after stress
- Often, or the constant desire to eat something.
- Continuation of the meal even after saturation.
- Eating alone, associated with shame.
- Frequent snacks due to boredom, feelings, stress.
- Many people suffering from compulsive overeating, almost always chew something.
- The use of a large number of products for short periods of time.
- After gluttony, feelings of shame, disgust for oneself and one’s body, guilt, devastation, anger at oneself, helplessness, sadness often arise.
Possible causes of compulsive overeating:
- Stress, depression, psychological problems. Food in such cases will play the role of a certain medicine for heartache. And the mood will indeed improve (especially after eating sweets), but then the situation will only get worse. There will be a vicious circle.
- Health problems. Yes, bouts of gluttony may well be one of the symptoms of a disease. A "brutal" appetite can occur with diabetes mellitus, dysfunction of the thyroid gland, certain nervous disorders, as well as head injuries, resulting in damage to the saturation center.
- Weight problems.If a person is inclined to be overweight, then he may suffer from numerous complexes, as well as regularly go on strict diets. All this will lead to stress and breakdowns, accompanied by gluttony.
How to be?
How to deal with compulsive overeating? Some useful tips:
- Find other ways to increase your mood and eliminate stress. For example, you can watch movies, read interesting books, find a hobby and so on. But the occupation should be fun and distract from thoughts about food.
- Do not buy harmful products, and also purchase them in the minimum volumes. Yes, you may have to go to the store every day, but then you definitely will not overeat.
- Eat right and be sure to include in the diet foods that give a feeling of satiety for a long time. These include oatmeal, bran, muesli, vegetables rich in fiber, cottage cheese.
- Try not to eat alone, in public, you probably will control the amount of food consumed.
- Find a new job. It should be interesting for you, take almost all your free time and not let you be bored.
- Keep a food diary, it disciplines you.Write down everything in it, eaten for a day (including the amount of portions).
- Set a goal, for example, to lose weight to a certain weight.
- Take the survey. You probably need treatment.
- Refer to the psychologist. It will help find out the causes of problems, become calmer and learn to control yourself.
- The doctor may prescribe a sedative or even an antidepressant, if you are not able to deal with stress yourself.
- Do sports. The achieved results will not allow you to break. In addition, you will become more disciplined.
- Ask for support from friends and relatives.
- Find "friends in misfortune", communicate with them and exchange experiences and advice.
- Think about the negative consequences.
Is it dangerous?
Compulsive overeating can harm not only your figure, because overweight and eating large quantities - it is a huge burden on the whole body. Possible consequences include gastritis and other diseases of the digestive system, joint problems, metabolic disorders, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, depression and thoughts about suicide, and so on.
Let the food is fun and not harmful to health!
Small apartment in the attic: 20 square meters, where everything is
Megan Markle is going to break the palace protocol again
How to hang a sweater on a hanger so that it does not stretch and hesitate
Postcard for Dad
How to cook vegetable canned snacks