Useful properties of rice milk
Rice milk is not the most popular drink. But it is very useful and therefore worthy of attention. You can make this unusual vegetable milk at home.
What kind of milk is this?
Rice milk is a drink made from rice and water. Call it milk in the full sense of the word, of course, can not, since it has a purely vegetable origin. It is believed that the prototype of this drink was an orchard, which the Moors were prepared from almonds and very fond of. This pleasant taste of the liquid came to Spain, and then to Latin America. And the inhabitants of these countries began to look for new ingredients, soon found that a good drink is obtained from rice grains.
Today, rice milk is popular among vegetarians and is widely distributed in America, where it can be purchased in almost every supermarket. It is also highly valued and actively used in India.
The composition of rice milk includes many useful substances, such as unsaturated fatty acids, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins of group B (niacin, folic acid, thiamine), as well as magnesium, iron, potassium, copper, iodine, zinc.The caloric value of 100 ml of the drink varies from 50-50 to 100-150 calories, depending on the concentration and variety of rice, as well as the additives used to prepare it.
The benefits of the drink
What is useful rice milk? Here are some of its properties:
- Vitamins of group B are useful and necessary as they carry out several important functions at once. First, they are directly involved in many metabolic processes occurring in the body. Secondly, these vitamins normalize the functioning of the nervous system. Thirdly, folic acid is especially useful during pregnancy planning, as it minimizes the risks of pathologies of the development of the fetal neural tube, which is the most important organ of the unborn child.
- Magnesium eliminates excessive muscle tension and helps relax, which is especially useful for overwork and intense exertion. And so rice milk can be used as a light sports drink that promotes muscle tissue regeneration.
- Part of the potassium strengthens the heart muscle.
- Since rice milk contains iodine, this drink can be considered useful for the prevention of diseases of the thyroid gland.
- The beneficial properties can be attributed to the fact that the product is hypoallergenic, in contrast to the more familiar cow's milk.
- Rice milk helps to reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol.
- Iron improves the blood and increases the amount of hemoglobin.
- Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties, so the drink is useful to use in diseases involving inflammation.
- Rice milk is useful for diarrhea, as it helps to normalize and strengthen the chair, reducing intestinal motility.
Can everyone eat?
Although rice milk is very helpful, it has some contraindications. So, because of the antidiarrheal effect, it is undesirable to use the drink for people suffering from constipation, atony, or intestinal obstruction. In addition, rice milk is not recommended for children under 4.5-5 years old, as scientists found in this product a high content of arsenic (its level is not dangerous for adults, but it can harm the child).
How to cook?
It is possible to prepare rice milk at home, and three methods are discussed below.
This recipe involves pre-soaking.For cooking requires:
- 150 grams of rice (preferably brown unpolished, but white can also be used);
- 800-900 ml of water;
- some cane sugar or natural honey according to your taste (this component is optional).
- Rice should be filled with water and left overnight or for a day.
- Put the liquid together with the beans in a blender and chop well.
- Next, strain the composition through the gauze folded several times.
- Add honey or sugar to taste.
This method is faster, but heat treatment is required.
List of ingredients:
- 100 grams of rice;
- 400-500 ml of water.
- Rice should be placed in a saucepan and add water.
- Cook the rice until completely softened.
- Next, grind the finished rice soup with a blender, then strain it using a loose cloth or gauze.
By changing this recipe a little, you can make milk in a slow cooker. To do this, place the grains in a bowl and cover with water, in boiling mode, bring to a boil, and then stew, choosing a quenching program. After grind the composition and strain.
This method is the most difficult, but allows you to make thick and saturated milk.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 100 grams of rice;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 4-5 Art. l. honey, fructose or brown sugar.
- Wash the rice, cover with water, leave to stand overnight.
- Separately, in a coffee grinder or blender, chop the swollen kernels, refill them with water and put the mixture on fire.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer on low heat, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Strain milk, add sugar or honey.
A few recommendations on the preparation, use and storage of rice milk:
- Ready milk is stored in the refrigerator no more than five days.
- Do not abuse this drink. On the day you can drink one or two glasses, not more.
- The proportions of water and rice can be changed, and this will affect the quality of the drink. So, if you add more grains, then the milk will be thicker and richer in taste. And if you increase the amount of water, the drink will be light. But the average proportion is 1: 4 (one part of rice should be four parts of water).
- If the rice is clean, then you do not need to wash it beforehand, in which case the milk will turn out to be thicker and more viscous.
Be sure to cook and try rice milk!
How to behave if your luggage is lost at the airport
How to choose the right chignon
Unusual properties of ordinary glycerin. Some useful tips
How to create a farm
DIY Origami Tank
How to build models