Useful properties and application of soy sauce
Soy sauce is familiar to us all, today it can be found in almost any store. But not so long ago, such a product was considered a rarity and delicacy. But in Japan, he is loved, respected and regularly used for a very, very long time. Is this sauce useful? And how is it used?
A bit of history
Historians still argue about the birthplace of soy sauce. But some believe that he appeared in China. Local monks were forced to abandon milk because of their religious beliefs.
And they replaced dairy products with vegetable protein, that is, soy. From it they made cheese, and later a sauce. Then the recipe came to Japan, where it is used today. But in Europe the sauce got in the XVII century (it was brought by the Dutch sailors).
Japanese cuisine today simply does not appear without such a product. Soy sauce is added to almost every dish (except desserts, of course). Rice is especially combined with it, but fish, meat and seafood are also served with this tasty and savory sauce.
How is it cooked?
What is soy sauce made from? The traditional recipe is both simple and complex. First, soy beans are evaporated. Also for cooking you need millet, which is fried. Then all this is mixed, filled with water and salt is added. The resulting mixture is transferred to special containers in which it will be stored and fermented.
Ideally, the fermentation process should last at least 1 year, only then the product will acquire a special rich and savory taste. But since the demand for this product is very, very large, manufacturers often try to speed up the production process. After that, the liquid is cleaned and thoroughly filtered, and then bottled and sold.
So, to speed up the fermentation process, some add special bacteria to the mixture of roasted wheat and evaporated beans, which multiply and provoke natural, but accelerated fermentation. In this case, the product is cooked faster, in a month or two such sauce can be consumed.
And if this method can still be called harmless, then some others are not. For example, some extremely unscrupulous producers,who prefer to pursue profits, boil the beans in sulfuric or hydrochloric acid, and then such a poisonous broth is quenched with alkali.
The result is a wild mixture, which also goes on sale in stores. And to get more profit from the sale, some just dilute the soy concentrate with water, and then add the salt.
Useful and harmful properties
In general, soy sauce is quite useful, but only on condition that it is natural and made naturally without the addition of dyes, flavors and other artificial additives. The composition of the natural product consists of amino acids, antioxidants, micro and macro elements, as well as vitamins.
The advantage of such a product is in its following properties:
- Antioxidants contained here, neutralize the negative effects of free radicals. So this product can be called an excellent means of preventing oncological diseases.
- Also, the substances in the composition are necessary for the normal functioning of the immune system.
- Regular use greatly improves blood circulation.
- Sauce is a very effective means of preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Components of this product are able to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and protect against atherosclerosis.
- This product helps stimulate tissue regeneration and promotes rejuvenation.
- It contains protein, which is necessary for normal muscle function and the formation of almost all cells.
- The sauce can be used with diabetes.
- Useful sauce for insomnia, headaches, nervous disorders and stress.
- This product is also useful for those who decided to lose weight. The calorie content of the sauce is not so great (on average, 100–70 grams have only 50–70 calories), and if they are replaced by mayonnaise and sauce, then you can make dietary meals. So feel free to include the product in the diet, if you are dieting.
The harm of sauce is that it contains a fairly large amount of salt, which can lead to the deposition of salts and edema. In addition, if the sauce is of poor quality, then it may contain carcinogens (they provoke cancer), harmful and dangerous acids, as well as artificial additives. All this can harm the body.
How to choose?
How to choose soy sauce? Here are some points to pay attention to:
- The product can only be stored in glass containers, so do not buy sauces in plastic bottles. Glass should be transparent.
- Examine the color of the fluid. It should not be cloudy and can vary from light brown to dark brown.
- Carefully study the composition of the product. It can include only components such as soybeans, wheat, salt and sugar. No other additives in high-quality and natural sauce should not be.
- How much is the sauce? You can find a bottle for 50 rubles, but such a product is unlikely to be of high quality. The cost of natural sauce varies from 200 to 400 rubles. Expensively, but for quality it is necessary to pay.
How to use?
The use of soy sauce is extensive and varied. It is used to prepare various sauces with which to fill the salad. The sauce can be served with rice, fish, meat, seafood. Many people like to eat shrimp with sauce. We offer several recipes.
To make delicious wings in honey and soy sauce, prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 kilogram of chicken wings;
- 150-200 grams of soy sauce;
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey;
- 3 -4 cloves of garlic.
- Cook the marinade first. To do this, mix the sauce with honey, add chopped garlic.
- Marinovat wings in a sauce should ideally be a few hours (3-4), periodically mixing.
- Prepare a baking sheet. Lubricate its bottom well with oil, lay out the wings.
- Oven heat up to 180 degrees, send the pan to it.
- Cook the wings until they get a golden brown tint. In the process of baking, you can turn the wings (if they start to burn) and pour them with the sauce remaining after pickling.
- Done! Bon Appetit.
Meat in Soy Sauce
Such meat is very tasty and savory. The best combination with sauce is pork, so it's best to use it.
Ingredients you need:
- 500 grams of pork;
- 100 ml of soy sauce;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tablespoon of starch;
- 1 pinch of ground ginger;
- vegetable oil.
How to cook?
- First make a marinade. To do this, add starch to the sauce, stir it well, so that not a single lump remains.
- Then chop the garlic (on the garlic press or in a blender), add to the sauce along with the ginger.
- Meat should be cut into pieces, slightly beat off.
- Place the meat in the marinade, leave for an hour.
- Fry the pieces in vegetable oil for about 3 minutes on each side (until golden brown).
- Put the meat in a baking sheet, pour the remaining marinade (you can also add seasonings and chopped greens to taste), send to the oven preheated to 180-190 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Done, bon appetit!
Buy only high-quality sauce and add it to your favorite dishes, use for cooking meat, fish and other products.
What are shopping clubs for?
What does the hairstyle in a woman's life
How to choose a good corkscrew
Apples for the winter - the best recipes blanks in the banks with a photo - mashed potatoes, fruit compote, jam, jam. How to store fresh apples at home
Homemade meringue is crunchy and tender
5 elegant beams: simple technique - excellent result