The amazing properties of camphor oil
There are a great number of oils, sunflower - far from the only and even not the most useful. For example, camphor oil is practically not used in cooking, but it has been used in medicine and cosmetology for a long time and very successfully. And what is it? How to apply this oil?
What is it?
Camphor oil is an essential oil extracted from the camphor tree, which has other names, such as brown stone camphor or Japanese laurel. Such trees are quite impressive in size and grow in China, Japan, Taiwan, as well as in Ceylon and in Africa.
To obtain the oil, the bark of the tree is used, from which the product described is obtained by using steam distillation. In this procedure, the material is first heated, then cooled, resulting in the formation of oil condensate. Next, the oil is divided into fractions, resulting in a brown and white. It is the latter that is considered clean and useful and is used for cosmetic and medical purposes.
Camphor was used for a long time, for example, in China, oil was used in aromatherapy. In other countries, this product treated various diseases. To this day camphor oil remains popular.
What is in the composition?
The composition of the oil includes a variety of useful components. Names may seem strange and unfamiliar to you, but some substances are necessary for the body. So, there are ketones, oxides, limonene, mercen, sabinen, para-cymene, alpha-pinene, alpha-thujone, safrole, cyneol, bisabolol, camphene, fellladren and much more.
What is useful?
The benefits of camphor oil have long been known and proven by scientists. Here are some of its useful properties:
- At the beginning of the last century, oil began to be used in medicine. He was injected subcutaneously with problems with breathing and the heart, for example, in such conditions and diseases as pneumonia, vascular collapse, heart failure, poisoning with drugs or drugs with inhibition of respiratory function. The fact is that the substances present here stimulate important brain centers responsible for blood circulation and breathing.
- Camphor has an anti-inflammatory effect, so that the oil can be used externally for purulent inflammation, ulcers, and some skin diseases.In addition, the tool perfectly relieves inflammation in otitis.
- This tool can be used for diseases involving cough.
- There is an anesthetic effect, so often with the help of camphor oil, the treatment of diseases accompanied by muscle, head and other pain. So, this tool is effective for radiculitis, neuralgia and other similar ailments.
- If you use camphor in aromatherapy, you can get rid of apathy and depression, improve your mood and increase your body's stress resistance.
- This agent has an antimicrobial effect and can be used to treat bacterial infections.
- Camphor oil improves blood circulation, which is associated with irritating effects. So, if you use it locally for bruises, you can significantly speed up the healing process.
- This remedy is widely used for cosmetic purposes, for example, it helps to strengthen thin and weakened hair, stimulates their growth. It is also useful for the skin: it improves color, removes pigmentation spots, helps to eliminate inflammation and get rid of acne.
- Oil helps to get rid of itching, for example, after bites of insects.
- This product has a pronounced odor, due to which it can repel insects.
- Camphor oil is widely used for the prevention of pressure ulcers in bedridden patients and diaper rash.
Can oil damage?
Any natural remedy can cause harm to health, if used illiterately and thoughtlessly. Remember that camphor oil has some contraindications:
- It is not recommended to use such a tool during lactation and during pregnancy.
- Contraindications are children.
- Individual intolerance.
- Oil is contraindicated in epilepsy, as well as a tendency to convulsions.
- Do not use this product externally if the affected area has skin damage.
Side effects are also possible:
- When applied externally, allergies can occur, which will manifest as swelling and redness.
- When you use the oil inside (especially substandard or synthetic), it is likely that poisoning will be accompanied by vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and other symptoms of intoxication.
- After injection, weakness, headaches, dizziness, cramps, tachycardia and even fainting can occur.
It should be noted that camphor oil should not be used simultaneously with the use of homeopathic remedies, since camphor makes them completely useless.
To avoid undesirable consequences, before applying camphor oil, be sure to consult an experienced doctor!
How to choose?
Unfortunately, today almost everything is faked. But in order to protect yourself from low-quality and dangerous fakes, go to the pharmacy. When purchasing camphor oil, pay attention to the following points:
- Natural oil contains only one component - camphor essential oil. Synthetic analogs can be composed of a number of artificial additives. Analogs can be used topically, they are similar in effect to natural oil, but you can't use them exactly inside.
- Natural oil can not be cheap.
- Natural oil is not stored for too long, especially in the open form.
- Pay attention to the packaging. The ideal option is a glass bottle with tinted glass.
- If the producer is a country in which the camphor tree does not grow, then the product is unlikely to be natural and of high quality.
How to use?
The use of camphor oil is multifaceted. The most common areas are cosmetology and medicine.
Treatment and prevention of diseases
Here are a few recipes:
- If your ear hurts badly, you can soak a cotton swab in camphor oil and place it in your ear (not too deep). Then wrap your head with a woolen scarf and stay in that position for at least an hour. This remedy is especially effective in the early stages of ear inflammation.
- If you have a cold, you can rub it with oil. Preheat it in a water bath to 40 degrees, and then rub them feet, back and chest. After that, wear something warm and go to bed.
- For rheumatism, mastitis or radiculitis, a compress with camphor oil will help. Dampen gauze folded several times in it, apply it to the diseased area for an hour and a half, remove the remaining oil with a paper napkin.
We offer several recipes:
- Strengthening and stimulating growth of hair mask.To prepare, mix 1 tablespoon of camphor oil with the juice of one lemon. Apply the composition first on the scalp, rubbing it with massaging movements. Spread the mass over the entire length, wrap the head with cling film, and then with a towel. After an hour, wash your hair with warm water.
- Whitening face mask. To make it, mix a tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil with a teaspoon of camphor oil. Apply the composition to the problem areas (pigment spots and freckles) for half an hour, remove the rest with a napkin.
Use camphor oil correctly, become beautiful and healthy.
Pros and cons of a relationship with a man who is older
Weather in Moscow in September 2016 - the forecast from the weather center. What weather conditions are considered usual for September in the capital and region
Amazing nearby: 28 unusual and funny things for the house
What materials can be used for dog litter