Symptoms and signs of human flu
Influenza is a disease caused by a viral infection. It differs from other catarrhal diseases in an extremely severe course and serious complications, often with a fatal outcome. To prevent this and start timely treatment at home, you need to know the symptoms and signs of flu in adults and children.
An epidemic outbreak of influenza is an annual phenomenon. Gaining strength in the cooler seasons in major population centers. The main sign of the beginning of the epidemic is the rapid increase in the number of schoolchildren staying at home with signs characteristic of this disease.
Schoolchildren - initial flash. Over time, the infection spreads among adults. The virus that provokes the disease is transmitted by airborne droplets. The completion of the incubation period of 5 days gives rise to an acute process.The list of first signs of the flu is a sharp headache, body aches,, nausea, vomiting,long lasting high temperature. Often the pressure drops. Sore throat and severe pain are among the regular symptoms.
It happens that a person who has the flu suffers from diarrhea. Since it does not appear on the list of symptoms, it is considered a sign of a concomitant disease or a side effect of taking medication.
Practice shows that flu symptoms appear unexpectedly. Influenza is characterized by aggravated onset, accompanied by fever, headache and fatigue. To systematize this information, I will describe the signs of the flu in the form of a list.
- Pain in the muscles and joints.
- Dry cough.
- Reflex hyperemia of the skin.
- Severe runny nose.
If you understand in time that you have caught the flu, the treatment will be shorter. Antiviral drugs help only the first few days from the onset of symptoms. Many of them stimulate the production of interferon, which is a natural defender of the body against viruses. Consequently, this forms an operative response of the organism to the effect of the causative agents of the virus.
How is the virus transmitted?
When coughing, breathing, intercourse and sneezing out of the respiratory tract comes out mucus and spit with sputum. They have a lot of pathogenic microflora. Consequently, the people surrounding the patient are in the danger zone and can easily become infected.
The patient is able to transmit the infection to other people during the week after the onset of the initial symptoms. The most dangerous first two days. People visiting public places at the time of illness contribute to the rapid spread of infection.
Forms of the disease
The severity of the disease is determined by many factors, including: age, general health, immunity, previous contacts with this type of virus.
- Easy form.Accompanied by increasing the temperature to 38 degrees. Symptoms of infectious toxicosis are absent or practically do not manifest themselves.
- Moderate form.The temperature rises to 40 degrees. Accompanying headache, total weakness, intense sweating, runny nose, defeat nasopharynx.
- Heavy form.Temperatures above 40 degrees. The signs of moderate form are complemented by vomiting, seizures, nosebleeds and even hallucinations.
Even if a person has cured the flu, for two decades he may suffer from insomnia, weakness, headaches and irritability.
Flu is extremely dangerous for people with chronic lung and heart disease. In their case, it often contributes to the exacerbation of chronic diseases, which aggravates the severe course of the already dangerous flu.
No less dangerous flu for girls in the situation, because it can cause damage to the fetus, especially in the early stages. Often, influenza in pregnant women leads to premature labor. The list of complications includes rhinitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, encephalitis and meningitis.
Treatment of influenza in adults at home
When it's cold outside, getting the flu is easy. The disease is extremely bothersome and requires timely treatment. If you ignore the main symptoms, complications can occur that affect the kidneys, brain, respiratory system and heart.
The infection brings a person down. In this case, even a weakened patient does not always fall asleep. What is the reason for this? Occurring in the body processes that accompany the active phase of the disease.
- At the initial stage, the virus is actively introduced into the mucous membranes of the defenseless respiratory tract and nasopharynx. As a result, the weakened mucous membrane becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Affected cells of the ciliated epithelium. Under normal conditions, they bring out microbes, dust and foreign particles. With the flu, they do not cope with their task.
- At the same time, cellular immunity is inhibited. After penetration into the body, the virus, along with bacteria, becomes dangerous for systems and organs.
The duration of the intensified fight against the flu in apartment conditions is small. Usually the febrile period passes in 4 days, after the temperature begins to decrease. As a result, the patient has the impression of complete recovery, which pushes him to return to the traditional rhythm of life. He works, stops taking medications and vitamins, is cooled outside. Such actions are fraught with recurrence.
Medical flu remedies for adults
Practice shows that at an early stage, an adult can freely fight the flu at home. The only exceptions are severe complications or chronic diseases.In this case, hospitalization is required.
Pharmacies sell a variety of flu medicines for adults. In my material I will review and systematize the drugs that deserve the most attention.
- Antiviral drugs. Recommended to use at the initial stage of three tablets a day. The list of such medicines Amizon, Anaferon, Aflubin and Tamiflu.
- Pain medication. There are cases when the patient suffers from a severe headache. Help her to remove drugs Tsitramon and Farmadol. At the next attack one tablet will suffice.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. Reduce the inflammatory process. Nimesil or Ibuprofen must be present in the medicine cabinet.
- Antihistamines. They relieve the main symptoms of influenza infection, including nasal congestion and runny nose.
- Antipyretics. If the temperature exceeds 39 degrees, it should be lowered. Paracetamol, Panadol, Aspirin or Nurofen will help. These funds are often used in the treatment of angina.
- Cold drops. A runny nose is often a companion of the flu.You can relieve with the help of Pinosol and Grippferon drops.
- Remedies for cough. If a severe cough hurts during the flu, it can be eliminated by Lasolvan, Ambroxol, Mukaltin or Bromhexine. A day is enough to drink two pills.
- Inhalation sprays. If your throat hurts, regularly use Bioparox, Chlorophyllipt or Ingalipt sprays.
- Immunomodulators. Umkalor, Undevit or Dekamevit help to strengthen the immune system.
- Antibiotics. Antibiotics should be taken in cases of complications of influenza with a bacterial infection. They will help Biseptol, Azithromycin, Clarithromycin and Amoxil.
As you can see, modern adults have access to an extensive list of drugs that target the fight against flu and its symptoms. They are sold without a prescription. However, I advise you to first consult with your doctor about taking this or that drug. Flu is a delicate thing and does not like inaccuracies.
Folk remedies for flu for adults
If the disease is not accompanied by complications, treat the flu taken at home. Until the patient recovers, it is desirable to allocate a separate room.During the febrile period, you should constantly cover yourself with a warm blanket, take multivitamins and expectorants.
Folk remedies will help fight the heat and strengthen the immune system.
- Cinnamon. Prepare in advance. Fifty grams of cinnamon diluted with 500 ml of moonshine and insist 20 days in a darkened place. Strain the drug and take 25 drops before a meal.
- Onion inhalations. Fresh head of onions cut in half and inhale evaporation, repeating the procedure three times a day. In breaks between procedures in a nose it is possible to enclose the cotton wool moistened in garlic mush.
- Motherwort Grass. Juice the plants equally mixed with moonshine and take on a small spoon before eating with heart weakness, which is a consequence of the flu. Powder from dry motherwort is suitable for combating the flu itself. In a day, take a gram before eating.
- Garlic. In a day to eat about five denticles. Garlic juice use after eating a half a spoon during treatment or prevention of influenza infection. Do it every other day.
- Eucalyptus leaves. With flu, an alcohol tincture made on the basis of eucalyptus leaves helps a lot. Twenty grams of leaves pour table alcohol, cover and insist one week.After filtering the tincture drink 20 drops, previously diluted with boiled water.
- Lavender flowers. Prepare in advance. Fifty grams of lavender flowers combined with a half-liter bottle of vodka and insist 15 days. When influenza, the resulting composition is taken 25 drops with the addition of water. Suitable and essential oil of lavender in combination with honey. A single dose is 3 drops.
- Black currant. From black currant to make a drink, adding sugar and hot water. It is recommended to drink 4 glasses per day. You can use a decoction of the currant twigs. Pour a handful of chopped twigs with 4 cups of water, boil for five minutes and boil for 4 hours over minimal heat.
- Herbal Infusion. Initial letter, chamomile and sage combine in equal proportions, chop and mix. Spoon the mixture ready to fill with two cups of boiling water, wait 40 minutes and use as tea, with the addition of mint or honey.
Each of the folk remedies for adults effectively in its own way, which is right for you, I can not say. Determine the optimal drug can only be done in a practical way or with the help of a doctor.
How to treat flu in children at home
To determine the flu in a child is easy. His thorough enough to examine. Accompanied by wheezing and noise breathing, nasal discharge and cough, redness of the sinuses and eyes - this confirms the fact of the disease.
You need to understand that the children's body gets rid of mucus cough and sneeze. With a mild infection, he will cope in a few days, as a result, the cough will recede.
There are cases when microbes are in no hurry to take positions. As a result, the body begins to mobilize white blood cells. Such a battle produces a byproduct, green nasal mucus. Then immunity enters the struggle, which protects the owner's body through heat. This is a turning point.
A rise in temperature is evidence that the body's defense system, with the support of popular or pharmaceutical drugs, will overcome the ailment. True, parents should properly treat the heat, because she is friend and enemy at the same time.
Young parents, following the example of their mothers, are battling with fever, not flu. They do not even realize that the temperature to 38 degrees does not harm the child’s body.The child’s behavior is important, not the number of degrees.
If the baby refuses to entertain, does not make contact and plunges into himself, this should alert the parents. If the child does not eat and sleeps, it's good. This means that the body uses its own means and seeks to recover.
Febrile seizures - one of the most unpleasant symptoms of influenza infection in a child. Twitching of the limbs and chin indicates that it is time to churn the temperature.
Medicines for influenza for children
If a child has the flu, treatment should begin immediately. Therapy should be aimed at alleviating the symptoms.
Antibiotics are useless in this case because they are focused on the fight against bacterial infection. Antiviral drugs are effective only at the initial stage.
- Fighting the virus. To combat the flu-provoking virus, use rimantadine or arbidol. Heat and intoxication will kill Paracetamol or Nurofen.
- Nasal congestion and cough. With the child's flu, nasal breathing is difficult. To eliminate nasal congestion, Xylometazoline and Aquamaris are suitable.Combat cough better than Lasolvan or Ambroxol.
- Bed rest. The child must adhere to bed rest, sleep a lot and not waste energy reserves for study or entertainment. Following this rule will speed recovery.
- Diet. Parents should make sure that the child eats small portions of light meals and drank a lot, it is impossible to overeat. You can drink water, cranberry juice, natural juices, compotes and other drinks at room temperature.
- Proper clothes. If the temperature rises, do not wear warm clothes, otherwise the heat transfer will be disturbed and the condition will worsen. Do not use aspirin to lower the temperature. This medicine contributes to the development of Ray's syndrome. This rare disorder can damage the brain or liver.
If the child is healthy, he can be given antiviral drugs for the flu. However, modern pediatricians do not recommend it, otherwise the immune system will not gain experience in dealing with the disease.
OTC medicines should not be given to a child under four years old, even if they effectively alleviate the symptoms.Such medications cause unpleasant side effects.Before buying pills, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Folk remedies for children’s flu
Folk remedies against influenza are fragrant, sometimes tasty and completely natural, which is important for the fragile body of children.
- Pine needles. Pour a hundred grams of pine needles with water and chop them thoroughly. Then send the needles to the pot, add a liter of water and boil. After filtering the resulting composition to give the child half a glass three times a day, after adding some honey to the drink.
- Ginger tea. Grate grated ginger, take a quarter cup of water, add a glass of fresh honey and boil. Then add half a small spoon to tea. Coffee do not recommend using.
- Broth perlovki. First-class antipyretic for colds ailments. Boil 100 grams of pearl barley in a liter of water for 15 minutes, wait for it to cool and strain. Drink 250 ml with the addition of lime honey before bedtime.
- Broth of cherries. A decoction of cherries will help in the fight against influenza. One hundred grams of dry cherry berries pour two glasses of water and put on the stove.Boil until evaporation of the third part of the liquid. To use in the form of tea with the addition of honey.
Folk remedies, which I described, were tested by time and proved a high level of efficiency. To accelerate their recovery, I recommend that they be combined with traditional treatment, approved by the attending physician.
Video of Doctor Komarovsky's School of Influenza
How to treat flu during pregnancy
Pregnancy changes a woman's approach to treating diseases, including the flu. When she has to take care only about her health, she can show carelessness and carry the disease on her legs. Carrying a child, the future mother becomes more attentive, listens to the signals of her body, and even a minor disease can cause panic.If you have the flu, do not panic. Visit a qualified doctor and warn about the gynecologist's disease. Solve the problem yourself is not worth it, because only the doctor can choose a medicine safe for the baby.
I note, even harmless to humans herbs, the use of which provides traditional medicine, for a girl in the position may be unsafe.Useful tips that I will share will complement the medicines prescribed by the doctor.
- Paracetamol will help lower the temperature. Other drugs are being sold, but there is no sense in using them. The compositions of these products are almost identical, with the exception of flavoring additives and fragrances.
- Treatment of flu favors the use of warm fluids. Per day drink up to two liters. Ideal - tea with lemon or berry juice.
- Help with flu inhalation based on tea tree oil or eucalyptus. Chamomile, sage or mint infusions will be a good help.
- Aromatherapy will help in combating the disease. On the aromatic lamp drip a couple of drops of essential oils of orange or eucalyptus. This will ease breathing.
- A decoction of chamomile or a solution of iodine and baking soda will cope with a sore throat. These means rinse the mouth cavity.
- Pay special attention to sleep. In the process of rest, the human body fights hard against the disease. It does not hurt to eat fruits, onions and garlic. These products will strengthen the immune system and destroy viral particles.
Do not forget about flu prevention. Use known methods to prevent disease, even if free time is short.I will introduce the methods of prevention in the final part of the material.
Prevention of influenza in children and adults
With the onset of deep autumn, people begin active preparation for another outbreak of the flu epidemic, the duration of which is often calculated in several months.
We have already met the symptoms of the disease. By themselves, they are not dangerous. The disease itself is considered dangerous because it often leads to complications in the form of otitis, pneumonia or heart problems.
Doctors say that the best defense against the disease is vaccinations. However, sometimes an injection is impossible. For example, because of allergies or unacceptable burden on the body. In addition, the flu virus is constantly changing, so the vaccine does not guarantee one hundred percent protection. In this case, people's methods of prevention come to the rescue.
- Walks in the open air. Strengthen the immune system. Fresh air has a negative effect on pathogens. During the epidemic, walks are not just a pastime, but a preventive measure.
- Protective measures in front of the street. To process nasal canals fat cream or special ointment.Walk away from the accumulation of people.
- Gauze dressing. This protective agent should also be used by a family member who has the flu. In this case, contact with him must be limited.
- Hygiene rules. Adhere to the rules of hygiene, regularly wash hands and dishes, perform wet cleaning. These activities prevent the free spread of the virus.
- Garlic and onion. The vapors of these natural products perfectly destroy the bacteria. You can make a necklace from garlic cloves, and put a bulb cut into pieces on a plate and put it somewhere in the apartment.
- Eat vitamin-rich foods. Do not drink cold liquids.
- Stabbing and physical exertion.
Carry out preventive measures not on the eve of the cold season, but in advance, as strong immunity is useful at any time of the year.
According to medical statistics, about 15 percent of the world's population suffers from the flu every year.
A disease provoking virus, a complex biochemical substance consisting of a protective capsule and nucleic acids. At the same time he is the carrier of a specific genetic code.The virus itself can not exist. He needs cells of a living organism. Once in the cell, the substance leads to a change in its vital activity, as a result, the production of new viruses is launched.
The cell is unable to cope with this work for a long time and perishes. The new viruses attack other cells and multiply rapidly. If untreated, a person’s condition worsens significantly, and dead cells become a heavy burden on the body that poisons it.
The epithelium enters the field of view of the influenza virus first. We are talking about cells that cover the nose, mouth and airways. Here the pathogen penetrates without problems, after spreading through the body. Initially, the attack of virus particles proceeds imperceptibly. Over time, the victim begins to feel aches, weakness, fatigue and headache. The body tries to fight foreign bodies through heat.
At first glance, it may seem that the virus affects the respiratory system. This is not true. The nervous system suffers the most. In the future, blood vessels, liver, lungs and kidneys are significantly damaged.It is about intoxication.
In most cases, an epidemic occurs when poor prevention or attack of an unrecognized virus. In the old days, when no vaccines existed, pathogens unhindered infect large groups of people. There are cases when whole cities remained lifeless.
According to scientists, in our time the flu epidemic appears every thirty years. It is proved that the main danger of the virus is reduced to the ability to change the structure and properties of cells. The organism, faced with a modified virus, can not recognize it. To create new antibodies, it takes some time. And while the body is looking for weapons, the virus attacks.
Fortunately, the body still has a certain immunity to viruses with a modified structure. That is why nowadays flu epidemics are not characterized by increased mortality.
Meryl Streep set a new record for the number of Oscar nominations
What does the cost of REHAU plastic windows depend on?
What are the ways to correct nasolacrimal sulci
What color is this tracksuit
Habitat Whether in the garden, in the garden
What can quickly clean the carpet
Massage Foot Mat