Selenium, potassium, magnesium - vitamins for a healthy body
We all eat not only to fill the stomach. This body is, in fact, only an assistant involved in the processing and production of important components. But the ultimate goal of food consumption is the absorption of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, elements and everything else. After all, it is not in vain if food can not be eaten naturally (for example, with diseases and pathologies of the digestive system), nutrition can be administered intravenously.
Each component of food has a certain effect on the body and the processes occurring in it. And why do people need potassium, selenium and magnesium? Let us dwell in more detail on each specific element.
To the body worked without interruptions, it needs a lot of various nutrients, vitamins, trace elements, minerals, acids and much more. Each substance plays its own specific role and participates in certain processes.And what foods contain potassium, magnesium and selenium? And why, in general, do these elements need a person?
Let's start with the beneficial properties of selenium:
- First of all, this element is the strongest antioxidant. This means that it protects the body from the negative effects of free radicals, which are particularly detrimental to the cellular membranes and red blood cells. But blood and cells are important parts of the body.
- Selenium is able to stimulate the production of thyroid hormones and accelerate their metabolism. For example, scientists have found that it is on this element that the work of this important gland in older people depends.
- This element helps to strengthen the body's defenses. And a person suffers colds more easily, recovers faster and, in general, is less sick.
- It is known that free radical activity can lead to the transformation of normal healthy cells into cancer cells. And since selenium fights radicals, it means that it is also a means of preventing cancer.
- Selenium is part of the muscle tissue, so that the work of the muscles without this element would be impossible.
- This important element also participates in the processes of hematopoiesis and blood circulation.
- Nutritionists advise losing weight to eat food that is rich in such a component, as it favorably affects the metabolism, accelerating it. But metabolic disorders are a direct way to excess weight.
- Skin and hair thanks to selenium will be beautiful and young.
- The liver also has a positive effect.
- Selenium is also useful for men, since when it is used, the reproductive system will work smoothly and clearly. Potency will increase, libido will increase.
- This element is able to protect people from the effects of toxic substances and even poisons.
Now more about potassium:
- This element regulates the water balance in the body and controls the amount of liquid. And since excess fluid can lead to problems such as swelling, it is worth noting a positive effect on the kidneys.
- Edemas can provoke an increase in pressure, so it is safe to say that hypertonic patients simply need this element.
- Potassium normalizes the work of the muscles, as it controls the state of the muscle tissue.
- It is impossible not to write about the effect of this element on the nervous system.With constant stress, feelings and nerve overvoltages, it is necessary.
- Potassium increases the endurance of the body, it helps us cope with great physical stress.
- With a lack of potassium, severe conditions associated with the depletion of all body tissues can develop.
- This element is actively involved in transporting oxygen to the brain cells.
- Potassium is essential for the normal functioning of the heart, which is one of the most important organs.
This is what magnesium gives us:
- If you feel depressed and constantly tired, then probably your body lacks magnesium. The fact is that this element takes the most active part in the production of energy and its exchange.
- We need magnesium and our nervous system. Without it, you will be nervous and feel constant tension.
- One of the causes of gastrocnemius muscle cramps at night is the lack of this element.
- Magnesium is very important for the heart.
- This element helps to eliminate harmful substances, toxins and slags from the body.
- It is absolutely important for all tissues of the body, as it promotes cell growth.
- Since this element is able to expand the blood vessels, it can be said that it helps to lower the level of blood pressure.
- Do not forget to control the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- And women need magnesium because it helps relieve the condition during PMS and during menstruation.
How to get all these items?
So, what kind of products can you get each of the described elements?
Let's start with magnesium:
- Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts
- Dairy products: milk, hard varieties of cheese.
- Vegetables: spinach, broccoli.
- Cereals: wheat bran, rye and white bread.
- Meat: pork, chicken beef.
- Legumes: soybeans, beans.
- Cereals: corn grits, oatmeal, rice
- Fish: herring.
- Fruit: bananas.
Most potassium is found in the following products:
- Legumes: beans, lentils.
- Vegetables: potatoes, rutabaga, pumpkin, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, beets, radish, Bulgarian pepper.
- Greens: parsnips, leaf lettuce.
- Berries: watermelon, blackberry, black currant, cherry.
- Fruits: oranges, apples, grapes, mangoes, avocados.
- Most croup.
- Cereals: bran and wheat germ.
- Nuts: hazelnuts and walnuts.
- Meat: rabbit, turkey, pork, beef, veal, chicken.
- Potassium is also found in mushrooms.
- Dried fruits: figs, dates, raisins, prunes.
Selenium is present in the following products:
- Legumes: especially green peas, as well as soybeans and beans.
- Wheat: Bran and Wheatgrass.
- Nuts: peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios.
- Mushrooms: champignons and white mushrooms.
- Offal: goose, chicken or duck liver and other entrails.
- Groats: rice and oatmeal.
- This element is contained in the eggs.
- Sea fish.
- Selenium is in sunflower seeds and in coconut.
But you need to learn one important thing. Balanced nutrition is right and good. But still getting all the necessary substances from food is very, very difficult. First, some of them will not be fully and correctly absorbed. Secondly, some vitamins and microelements do not interact with each other and even interfere with the absorption of each other. And, thirdly, sometimes the content of certain substances in products is so small that you need to eat a few kilograms to get the daily rate. And this is simply impossible.
There is an exit! These are vitamin complexes. The newest of them are made taking into account all the features of not only the human body, but also the components included in such preparations. So consult a doctor and consult with him. He will certainly advise you something.
If you want to be happy and healthy, make sure that everything you need comes into your body. Eat the "right" foods, take vitamins!
How to identify and treat thyrotoxicosis
What is useful oatmeal diet
Postcard for Dad
What color is this tracksuit
Stewardess - a profession that you have been dreaming about since childhood
Acrylic Nail Extension