Pros and cons of shuttle race
If you want to increase endurance and improve coordination, then try the shuttle run technique. Many are familiar with it from school, when I had to participate in team competitions, in which the main task was to reach a certain point as quickly as possible and return back.
Shuttle running involved basketball players, football players, boxers, athletes, sprinters and many other athletes who need to develop endurance, agility and starting speed.
Many will be interested in the strange name of this exercise. And it went from the shuttle - the working body of the loom, which moves back and forth, creating a fabric.
To learn more about the technique of execution, you first need to know the exact definition of this species. So, shuttle run is characterized by a reusable passage of the same short distance in the forward and reverse direction.
The length of the distance varies from 10 to 100 m. The number of repetitions may be different.At the final stage, the athlete must wrap around an obstacle (usually a pillar) or touch the foot of the marked line.
Before you start classes, you must remember that this type of running is more traumatic. And this is due to a sharp change in the direction of movement at the end point of the distance. Therefore, in order to get a good result and avoid the occurrence of injuries, it is necessary to become familiar with the technique of execution and avoid possible mistakes.
- Since the load on the body in these exercises is large, it is necessary to warm up and warm up the tendons and ligaments before training. It will save you from injury.
- First you need to understand what foot jog to choose the right starting position. If you have a leading right lower limb, then bend it until your left hand touches the surface. The left leg at the same time performs a support function. Do not forget to keep your back straight. When the command “to start” is received, the body tilts as far forward as possible. For best results, you need to gain maximum speed from the first seconds of the race.
To develop the skill of fast running, you must perform jumping rope at a fast pace.
- The technique of this type involves a turn, for the passage of which it is necessary to apply stopping steps to help change the direction of the entire movement. Incorrect execution can cause injury. With a locking step, the fly foot is thrown forward, and the foot at this moment assumes a horizontal position relative to the lower leg. Proper execution of such an action will help maintain balance when turning.
- After that, a 180 ° C turn is made. Then, the locking foot performs the running step, while pushing the supporting lower limb. So that when turning the precious seconds are not lost, you can not perform extra actions. For example, touch the line and rotate at the same time.
- Go to the finish. In this phase, you can use the tricks used by the sprinter to first touch the final line. For example, lunge shoulder or throw chest forward. Only during the shuttle run you need to finish at the maximum speed.
The benefit of this type of exercise is a complex load that develops:
In addition, positive changes occur in the body, such as:
Despite all the advantages that are available in the shuttle run technique, it has several drawbacks. The main disadvantage of this type is possible injury. Therefore, you must always remember this, and beginners with caution to start jogging. Also, older people cannot include such workouts in their sports programs.
Who can not?
Before embarking on these exercises, you should familiarize yourself with the contraindications. So, you can not get involved in shuttle run, if there is:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- poor blood circulation;
- heart attack;
- any disease, in the stage of exacerbation.
Older people are also recommended more benign types of physical activity, for example, Nordic walking.
Shuttle run not only helps athletes to improve their skills, but also improves physical fitness of non-professional amateurs. And in addition, uplifting and giving a charge of cheerfulness.
The secret of oblique beyki (DIY)
Baby gift envelopes for money or gift certificates
What to give a birthday for 25 years
Fashionable short haircuts, Fall-Winter 2015-2016: photos of the most stylish haircuts for short hair
How to cook cottage cheese
Selenium, potassium, magnesium - vitamins for a healthy body
How to choose and wear a beautiful embroidery
Rules perfect haircut baby