How to wash your ears?
Washing the ear canal is not a mandatory procedure for human hygiene. Most often, it is intended only for exceptional cases - in some forms of otitis or during the occurrence of sulfuric plug. In such cases, the ear of the person ceases to perceive sounds properly - congestion is formed, which worries the patient constantly.
Usually, the washing procedure is carried out by a qualified medical specialist, but it can also be done at home: this should be done very carefully, following all the recommendations of the attending physician.
Indications and contraindications
Before washing, it is recommended to visit an ENT specialist to ensure that there are no inflammations and foci of infection. An unprofessional approach to this procedure can sometimes cause much more harm than good. Ear cleaning yourself requires strict compliance with safety rules.
It is recommended to wash the ear canal with purulent otitis, when the ear often accumulates pus during the formation of sulfur plugs, as well as with furunculosis or external diffuse otitis.It is strictly forbidden to dispose of foreign objects in the ear canal in this way - this operation should only be carried out by a doctor! This restriction is due to the fact that an attempt to get rid of a foreign object on its own may accidentally lead to perforation of the eardrum.
Before you wash the ear canal yourself, you should first ask the otolaryngologist to show the sequence of this action, and after that go directly to it.
Ways to carry out the procedure
Ear treatment is strictly contraindicated in severe inflammations with perforated eardrum. The most common cause of patients to see a doctor is the formation of a tube in their ears. In a healthy ear, sulfur is pushed out of the canal on its own, however, the provoking factors can increase the production of sulfur, which subsequently clogs the passage. This can happen, for example, with frequent cleaning of the ears with a cotton swab, which only leads to tamping of sulfur in the depth of the channel.
Sulfuric cork should be cleaned with sterile gloves using a sterile syringe.And to begin with, soften the sulfur and make it easier to remove vegetable oil, petroleum jelly or hydrogen peroxide.
The selected liquid is heated to a temperature of about 37 ° C and is instilled in the ear by pipetting 4 drops twice a day. Sometimes after softening the plug, temporary hearing loss may occur, but you should not worry about it - the symptoms will disappear immediately after its removal.
It is not necessary to speed up the exit process using cotton swabs - sulfur will come out on its own. If the improvement after 5 days has not come, you need to start washing with warm water or any special means sold in a pharmacy.
You can prepare a healing solution on your own, using in equal proportions hydrogen peroxide (3%), mineral oil or glycerin. It is best to clean the ear canal at home with an assistant, using syringes at number 15 or 20:
- in order that the cork could not block the ear canal completely, you need to tilt your head slightly;
- immediately before cleansing, the earlobe should be pulled slightly upward to ensure an unobstructed outlet of the liquid back;
- the needle is removed from the syringe and fluid is heated to the desired temperature;
- a rod is inserted into the ear, after which a slow infusion of fluid begins. It is necessary to perform it without jerks;
- after the infusion should wait 5-10 minutes;
- for pouring the liquid after a specified time, you need to tilt your head to allow the sulfur to completely drain out;
- if necessary, the infusion is repeated 2 or 3 times more.
Upon completion of washing, you need to insert a cotton wool tampon into your ear for a while. It is forbidden to go outside for 3-4 hours. During purulent otitis, the rinsing is carried out correctly only with hydrogen peroxide 3%, pre-heated to 37 degrees.
Washing differs little from that described above and is carried out as follows:
- The bottle with the drug is heated by clamping the container in a fist or by immersing it in warm water;
- a syringe is selected, a needle is removed from it and a small amount of hydrogen peroxide is collected;
- 1 ml of the indicated solution is injected into the auditory meatus;
- at the end of the hiss, the patient leans over the container and the liquid is drained.
Sometimes for complete removal of pus formations it is necessary to repeat the procedure. After cleansing, the medicine prescribed by the doctor must be instilled into the ear canal.
Technique of cleansing the ear canal in children
To quickly and painlessly flush the child's ear, it is necessary to get a consultation of the children's lor and learn how to conduct the procedure correctly. Only a specialist can tell at what angle and with what force the therapeutic fluid should be injected in order not to damage the small and sensitive auditory passages.
Children should use a solution of rivanolin or furatsilin to remove sulfuric plug. You can also buy special drugs such as A-Cerumen. Do not attempt to remove sulfur by any sharp objects or cotton swab. During the infusion of fluid, the auricle of small children is pulled back and forth a little, and in school-age children, it is pulled back and slightly up.
A good fixation of the baby is necessary in order not to accidentally injure him. For this, the following is done:
- you need to take the child to his knees;
- hold the feet of the baby with your feet;
- the left hand of an adult grasps the child's torso, including the hands;
- The adult’s right hand holds the baby’s head in the desired position.
It must be remembered that it is much easier to injure a child or damage the eardrum than an adult, so you can do the washing yourself only when absolutely necessary, and the ear canal should be treated by a specialist.
Soda soda at home
Plastic Pipe Drilling Machine
Fried dumplings - the original dish for your table
Top 7 hours for an office suit
How to include spring trends in your everyday wardrobe
How to choose a level