How to wash kitchen towels without any problems?
Kitchen towels get dirty very quickly, and sometimes so much that regular washing is ineffective. And what means will help get rid of pollution and achieve perfect purity?
Perfectly clean towels: how to achieve this?
So, how to wash kitchen towels at home?
- If the pollution is light, then try the most ordinary machine wash, but choose the appropriate powder and the right mode. So, the temperature should be maximum (and permissible rules of care for the product), and the powder - quality and effective. And do not forget to use the rinse function.
- Everyone knows that dishwashing detergents effectively fight fat. And if the towels are greasy, then use just such means, for example, “Fairy”, “Sort”, “Pril” and so on. They can be dissolved in hot water, which then should be soaked products. And you can just put the composition on the spots (if they are few, and they are clearly visible).
- If the towel is soiled recently, then you can use ordinary salt. Simply dissolve ten tablespoons of table salt in five liters of warm water and immerse the product in the composition. After a few hours, rinse it well and wash it with a powder with your hands or in a typewriter.
- You can use and familiar to our grandmothers laundry soap. Just wash the towel with him and rinse well. If the towels are very dirty, then you can soak them in soapy water. For its preparation, grate soap on grater. In a basin, boil water, dissolve about a glass of chips in it, and immerse the towels for a few hours or even overnight. But color or delicate materials are better to handle otherwise. Soak towels with hot or warm water and carefully rub with soap, then fold into a plastic bag and tie it tightly. Leave the product in this condition for the night, and in the morning just rinse them.
- To wash white towels, you can use regular baking soda. Just dissolve a glass of powder in a basin with hot water and soak in the resulting composition of the product.After several hours, actively rub them, and then rinse.
- Ordinary vinegar can help, but not the apple vinegar (it can slightly dye the fabric). Just dissolve a small amount of it in warm water (five tablespoons per liter) and immerse the towels in it for a few hours, and then wash them with ordinary laundry detergent.
- Stains from coffee or tea are considered difficult to remove, but you can get rid of them if you wish. Use for this liquid ammonia. If the pollution is single, then you can treat it with a cotton swab or a disc dipped in alcohol. And if the towel is completely dirty, then soak it in an alcohol solution. Add a glass of alcohol to a liter of water (not everybody has that amount of ammonia, so it is quite possible to replace it with a regular one).
- If you prefer folk remedies, then use citric acid. Prepare a solution for every liter of warm or better hot water by adding a tablespoon of acid. Dip into towels and leave for a few hours. Then simply wash the product in a typewriter or with hands with powder or soap.
- Our mothers and grandmothers boiled towels, and in most cases such a simple method really helped.Simply boil the water in a bucket or basin, immerse the towels in the container and "cook" them for five to ten minutes, and then wash as usual. But boiling is not suitable for synthetic, delicate and colored materials, remember this.
- Vegetable oil is a real help in removing a variety of dirt from kitchen towels, and many housewives confirm this. And it's quite easy to use. To start, on the stove, boil a basin or a bucket of water. Add two to three tablespoons of sunflower oil, a glass of detergent and two to three tablespoons of any dry bleach or stain remover. In this boiling mixture, lower the towels and leave to cool completely or overnight. Then simply rinse the products in hot water, and preferably wash. By the way, stain remover or bleach can be replaced with ordinary baking soda. But this method may not be suitable for colored towels and made from delicate fabrics.
- If the white sturdy towels are very dirty, then ammonia will help you. It can be added to the basin when soaking, or even put in the compartment for washing powder in the machine.Enough of one tablespoon.
- Strong dirt from towels made from durable fabrics can be removed with hydrogen peroxide. In a basin with hot water, dissolve a few tablets, then immerse in the product for two to four hours. Then just do the usual washing. But if you saw the mold, then it must be treated with a clean peroxide, wetting it with a cotton swab.
- If the towels are white and also smell unpleasant, then use potassium permanganate, that is, ordinary potassium permanganate. Dissolve a pinch in a basin of hot water to create a liquid with a faint pale pink shade. Place the product in the container and leave it overnight, and wash the sutra well using laundry detergent (you can also add soda to it).
How to avoid heavy pollution?
In order not to resort to emergency measures and not to throw away heavily soiled towels, follow simple rules:
- Change towels as often as possible.
- Do not wipe off the towels with greasy or dirty hands.
- Wash hands thoroughly after meals or after cooking.
- Always keep paper towels or napkins visible in order to wipe dirty hands in an emergency.
- In order not to spoil the towels when cleaning, first of all, be careful when choosing tools. So, delicate materials can suffer after treatment with aggressive compounds. Secondly, study the rules of care of the product, which you can find on the tag.
- The exposure time can be increased if the contamination is strong and the material is not delicate.
- If the washed towels are ironed and starched, as our grandmothers did, then they will be contaminated much slower and not so much.
- It is advisable to remove contamination almost immediately after they appear, as the old ones are more difficult to clean.
- It is advisable not to use terry towels. First, they absorb dirt and, therefore, quickly get dirty. Secondly, they dry for a long time (and this can lead to a stagnant odor and even the formation of mold). Third, such products eventually lose their presentable appearance.
What to do if the mother-in-law poisons life Ask psychologists
What does the hairstyle in a woman's life
Monica Bellucci - host of the Cannes Film Festival-2017