Road Trip From Miami to New York, and back (Complete Video) | Traveling Robert
How to Travel from Miami to New York
The cities of Miami and New York sit on the east coast of the United States, and there is a lot of opportunity to travel between them. Many residents of New York spend time in Miami, especially during the winter months, and a large part of the population in Miami has friends and family members living in New York. Both cities are also home to many businesses and corporations, making business travel between them frequent and effortless. Travel from Miami to New York by air, train, bus or car.
Determine how much time and money you have to travel.Before you figure out how you will travel from Miami to New York, you will need to decide when you want to leave, when you want to arrive, when and if you plan to return, and what you can budget for the trip.
Fly from Miami to New York.Unless you have a fear of planes, flying is the quickest and easiest way to get from Miami to New York. Depending on how close to the date of departure you book, flights can cost from 0 roundtrip to over 0 if you book late.
- Check discount airline ticket sites online such as Orbitz, Kayak and Expedia, or call the airlines directly. Major airlines flying in and out of Miami and New York include American, Delta, Continental, U.S. Airways and United.
- Choose a direct flight from Miami International Airport (MIA), Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport (FLL), which is about 30 miles (48 km) from Miami, or Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) which is about 60 miles (96 km) from Miami. Fly into either of the 2 major airports in New York, JFK, which is outside of the city in Queens, or LaGuardia (LGA), which is also in Queens. Direct flights to other parts of New York can also be found. Nonstop flight time is approximately 3 hours.
- Choose a flight that connects somewhere else if you prefer to fly in shorter segments. Atlanta is the quickest connection city on the Miami to New York route. Flight time with a connection starts at around 5 hours, but can be longer depending on the length of your layover.
Take a train between Miami and New York.Amtrak runs train routes called The Palmetto and The Silver Service between Miami and New York, and you will likely have to change trains in Washington, D.C. Some trains do travel direct, and those trips last from 28 to 31 hours. Sleeper and dining accommodations are available. Tickets cost around 0 for a one-way ticket.
Take a bus from Miami to New York.For about the same price as a train ticket, you can take a Greyhound bus from Miami to New York. The trip takes about 32 hours, and you can go direct or stop in a city such as Richmond, Virginia or Orlando, Florida. If you book 3 weeks or more in advance, you can get a one-way ticket for under 0. Otherwise, a trip will cost around 0.
Drive from Miami to New York.If you like to travel at your own pace, and enjoy sights and scenery along the way, consider driving from Miami to New York. The driving distance is 1,277 miles (2,055 km), and you will want to head north on Interstate 95. Depending on traffic and how often you stop, the trip will take from 18 to 20 hours. If you rent a car, be sure to rent with unlimited mileage.
QuestionAt the airport, will I need to show ID?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou'll need identification, possibly a passport (have it just in case), and your boarding pass. Check with the airline for their exact requirements.Thanks!
QuestionIf I take the bus from Miami to New York, can I take an airplane back to Miami?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but make sure you get a one-way ticket for each different mode of transportation.Thanks!
QuestionIs Miami domestic airport located inside Miami International Airport?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it is.Thanks!
QuestionWhat state would come before Maryland if I'm driving from Miami to NYC?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt would be Delaware, at least on I-95.Thanks!
How do I travel from NYC to Miami by boat
Where is the train station in Miami?
Can I get a night bus from Miami to New York?
How do I travel from Miami to New York by boat?
- Buy tickets and make reservations as far in advance as you can. Doing so will keep your costs down.
- Consider incorporating different methods of travel into your trip, if you are looking for variety. For example, you could drive for part of the trip and then catch a plane. If you would like to see other cities between Miami and New York, ask a travel agent for help in planning the trip or you can always go to or for faster information.
- Give yourself plenty of time at the airport if you are planning to fly. Miami and New York are both international cities with a lot of airplane traffic. Security will be extra tight.
Sources and Citations
Categories: | |
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch:
Video: Road Trip From Miami to New York (Complete Video)
Is It Ever OK To Buy Conventional Meat The Answer Will Surprise You
Safety tips for working women during pregnancy
Meet the Vibrator That Doubles as a PrettyNecklace
25 Simple Ways to Style a Bandana orNecktie
Il suo sexting style ti dice che tipo di fidanzato sarà
Meyer Lemon Curd
Step Inside This Grown Up Texas Bachelor Pad
Swine Flu Worries
Hot Pink Cherry Blossom Minnie Ears Are Here
This Amazon Prime perk is perfect for free online reading
The Week in Naked Celebrity Instagrams: Hailey Baldwin’s BareButt
How to Build Self Worth
The 20 Best and Worst Greek Yogurts
TRX Total Body Workout
Rihanna: I still love Chris Brown