How to set up a webcam on a laptop
Each era has left its indelible imprint on the pages of human history. The invention of the wheel, the mastery of iron, electricity, cars ... The present era is characterized by rapid computer progress. Today's generation of youth no longer remembers the times when computers were big and heavy, and nobody heard about webcams yet. Now it's hard to imagine a Lap top without a small round window in the upper part of the case. Set up a webcam on a laptop is not difficult, even if you previously did not deal with the surrendered model.
Setting up a laptop webcam
You can configure the camera on a laptop in several ways, and we will describe each of them in detail.
- If the camera does not turn on automatically, download drivers for it. To do this, go to the official website of the company that launched your laptop (ASUS, Lenovo, DELL, Samsung, etc.), go to the “Support” or “Soft” section, select the appropriate laptop model and download the drivers for the webcam.
- After the download is complete, run the installer by double-clicking on the driver file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, if any. When the process is complete, the laptop webcam will be automatically configured.
You can configure the camera on a laptop in two accounts with the help of programs whose work involves the use of this device. One of the most common such programs is Skype.
- Launch Skype.
- In the top menu bar, select “Tools”, click on it and in the list that opens, click on the “Settings ...” item.
- In the window that appears in the list on the left, select "Video Setup".
- Click on "Webcam Installation Instructions".
- A browser window will automatically open on Skype’s official website, where you can find the answer to any question you may have about how to set up a webcam on a laptop.
Why does not it work?
If you have tried all the methods described above, but you haven’t succeeded in setting up the camera on the laptop, the device drivers may not be compatible with the installed operating system. For example, if the laptop model is rather “old”, and with the modern pace of development of the computer industry, only a couple of years is enough for obsolescence, and you installed a new version of the operating system, for example, Windows 8.In this case, the following happens: when this computer was created, nobody knew about the above-mentioned version of Windows, therefore, the parameters of the devices mounted in the Lap top simply can not be compatible with the OS. In this case, you will have to either look for driver updates, or install special compatibility programs, or be content with the old version of the operating system.
If none of the above methods works, the device may be defective and needs repair. In this case, it is recommended to call the wizard or, if the warranty period for the equipment has not expired, use the right of free diagnostics, repair or return of the laptop top to the manufacturer. Hopefully, we were able to help you figure out how to set up a webcam on a laptop, and you can easily make video calls to anywhere in the world, make notes and photos.
How to learn to dance a waltz
VSTerm heating boilers
Homemade Soap Game Colors
Beautiful striped clothes (30 photos)
When you look at these 3D floors, it seems that under your feet - a piece of nature. Awesome
29 wedding dresses for which it is worth playing a wedding