How to salt beets for winter at home
Beetroot is an appetizing and necessary vegetable, from which you prepare borsch, various salads and snacks. Beet contains a lot of nutrients, has a unique taste and is very useful because it contains iron, which improves blood composition. Let's talk about how to salt beets for winter at home.
How to properly cook the beet before pickling
How to make an unmistakable meal for the winter, so that all useful substances remain in it? First you need to boil the vegetable properly.
- Beet - about 1.5 kg;
- Garlic - about 5 denticles;
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons. l .;
- 1 liter of water for brine.
- I select a bright red root. Mine so that no dirt remains.
- I put beets in a saucepan, pour cool water and start to cook. In its raw form, when it is processed, it retains many useful substances.
- I check the readiness with a fork. I weld the cooked root vegetables and clean them.
- three pieces of beet;
- 100 ml of 9% vinegar;
- half a liter of water;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- one tablespoon of sugar;
- two bay leaves;
- 4 pieces of sweet pepper;
- three pieces of cloves.
Cooking options №1:
- I cut beetroot into slices, a little more than one centimeter in width (I define by eye).
- I pour the water into a saucepan and dissolve the salt. I can take a laurel leaf if I want. I put brine on the fire.
- As the water boils, turn off the heat and cool the water to room temperature. Vegetable I put in a jar, I fill it with a ready brine and cover with a saucer.
- I leave for a few days in a dark place. During this time, the root vegetables are salted and the salted beet for the winter will be ready for consumption.
To suspend further fermentation, I remove the jar in the refrigerator, pre-closing with a cap nylon.
Variants of preparation №2:
- I cook the vinaigrette beets until they are ready in the peel.
- I make a marinade. I pour the water into the pan, throw the bay leaves, peppercorns, cloves, sugar, salt.
- I put it on the fire and bring it to a boil.
- While the marinade is cooling down, the vegetable is being cooked. Depending on how and where the snack will be used, choose the size and shape of the pieces (if for salads,then you can cut in the form of small brusochkov).
- Beets are spread in a container (preferably, deeper). By this time the marinade has already cooled down. They fill the vegetable. I close the container with a lid and clean it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
The marinated dish is ready. Keep it only in the refrigerator.
How to prepare a salad of beets for the winter in cans
- 8 pieces of beet;
- 3 pieces of onions;
- 4 tomatoes;
- 2 cloves garlic;
- 1 cup of tomato juice;
- 0.5 cup of vinegar;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- a little vegetable oil;
- salt approximately 2 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
- Beets and carrots are good for washing, peeling and rubbing on a small grater.
- Onions are cleaned and cut into small pieces. My tomatoes are cut into small cubes.
- I take a suitable pan, melt the butter, add tomato juice, sugar and salt.
- I put the saucepan on medium heat and bring it to a boil. Spread the grated carrot and chopped onions, add the peeled garlic.
- I cook for 10-15 minutes and put the crushed tomatoes and beets. I stir it and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- In the resulting vegetable mixture pour vinegar and boil for another 5 minutes. Turning off the fire.
I spread the salad over the sterilized jars and roll them with clean lids. As it cools down, I put it in a cold place.
Delicious recipe for pickling beets for borsch
Marinated beetroot for borscht is also convenient for making cold okroshki.
- liter of water;
- five teaspoons of salt;
- sugar - 0,5 items;
- two grams of ground cinnamon;
- cloves - six buds;
- seven peas of fragrant pepper;
- 9% vinegar - ten tsp;
- Approximately half an hour I cook beets, then cut into small cubes.
- I'm preparing marinade: I mix sugar, salt, cloves, cinnamon and fragrant pepper in water. I bring it to a boil.
- I pour ten tea spoons of 9 percent vinegar, remove it from the fire.
- The sliced root crop I spread in liter jars and I fill in with a marinade. Next is a 15-minute sterilization. And roll up the banks.
Finally, I will share some useful tips for cooking.
- To the beet does not lose nutritional properties, you need to wash it, but do not cut off any roots or roots, and only then put in a pan to cook.
- Boil in boiling water and in dishes closed with a lid.To keep the beet juicy and soft after cooking, put it in boiling water, cover the pan with a lid and cook until done.
- It is easier and faster to cook root vegetables of small size.
- If you want to improve the taste, then there should not be salt in the water in which the vegetable is brewed.
- Salad vinaigrette will look a little more attractive, if boiled beets are greased with vegetable oil.
The casket from the book
Prince Harry called his ex-girlfriend before the wedding
Protest against the school