How to make PVA glue
Paper figures, voluminous pieces of cardboard, as well as various plastic and wood crafts - all this can be created with the help of PVA glue. It adheres well to both small and large parts, and perfectly helps in the economy.
With it, you can quickly subordinate home accessories or various trinkets. That is why it is an important helper in every home, and is often used by both children and adults for different tasks.
In addition, PVA is used in construction robots, as well as small home repairs. This glue primer the surface, it is added to the solutions for laying tiles. Learn how to make PVA glue at home so that it is always at your fingertips. Just a few simple steps and simple components, and you can learn how to create this tool quickly and easily.
What materials will be needed:
- liter of distilled water;
- 100 grams of wheat flour;
- 5 g of photographic gelatin;
- 4 g of glycerin (available at the pharmacy);
- 20 mm ethyl alcohol (it is also sold in pharmacies).
All the necessary components you can easily find in specialized stores.
How to make PVA glue at home - step by step instructions
1. The process of making this type of glue takes place in two stages. First you need to pour distilled water into a glass and pour 5 g of gelatin there. It should be soaked for approximately one day.
2. Once the gelatin swells in water, you can begin the main cooking process.
3. Place a container of water in a prepared water bath.
4. Gradually add soaked gelatin to the water.
5. There also pour the flour mixed in a small amount of water. Ensure that no lumps form.
6. While the mixture heats up, stir it constantly, observing the homogeneity of the mass. Gradually, it should become like a thick cream. Bring to a boil, but do not boil.
7. Now add alternately alcohol and glycerin.
8. Stir the mixture a few more times to achieve uniformity.
9. Cool the resulting glue.
Now you know how to make PVA glue, videos and step-by-step instructions will help you to cope with this task quickly and easily.The main thing, do not forget to precisely preserve all proportions, and also constantly stir the mass in the process of heating, this will allow to make a uniform and effective glue. If you want to cook more of this remedy, you can simply increase all the components while keeping the ratio between them.
- after the end of the cooking process, ventilate the room well;
- when the tool is ready and cooled, you can pour it into a more convenient container;
- use old PVA jars to fill in a new batch of glue;
- store the resulting adhesive in tightly closed containers so that it does not dry out;
- if you need to make a tool for a certain type of work, prepare the exact amount of glue so that there is not a large amount of unused material left;
- the remnants of the product can be poured into a small plastic jar to later be used for small jobs.
If you need to make glue to perform certain jobs quickly, and at hand there are no necessary materials, you can make it from improvised means. For example, there is a recipe for preparing PVA on the basis of starch.
To do this, you will need to take four tablespoons of potato flour (wheat is also suitable) and pour half of a glass of cold water over it. Then carefully stir the contents to avoid lumps. You can proceed to the next stage - boil water, then pour boiling water into the already obtained solution of starch and water. Now stir thoroughly for 10 minutes. The half-finished glue obtained should be put on the stove and then poured to a jelly-like mass. As a result, you should have a translucent glue.
The second cooking option is much simpler, because it requires components that can be easily found in the kitchen. But, unlike the first option, this tool may not be so effective.
What is mulberry and how to use it
Quilling snowdrops master class
Original souvenir and excellent decor with the help of the simplest technology
What does the hairstyle in a woman's life