How to make mustard from powder at home
Any chef at hand has a can of mustard. With its help it is easy to make the dish more spicy and fragrant. Spicy seasoning can be bought at the grocery store or cook yourself. I'll tell you how to make mustard from powder at home.
The recipes I share are very simple. It will take a few grains and make them powder. You can do with the purchased powder, but I prefer to do it myself.
The mustard prepared according to the classic recipe is quite thick. If you like a more liquid version, slightly increase the amount of water. By adding your favorite spices and herbs, make a spicy mustard.
Powder mustard - a classic recipe
- Mustard powder - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Boiling water - 100 ml.
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Salt - 0.5 tbsp. spoons.
- In a small bowl pour the mustard powder, add sugar and salt, mix everything. Dry mixture pour boiling water and mix well.
- Pour the vegetable oil and add lemon juice, and after thoroughly mixing the dishes, cover with a lid and leave for several hours to season the infusion.
- Mustard move into a glass jar, close tightly and refrigerate.
Now you know the classic recipe how to make mustard powder at home. Seasoning perfectly improves the taste of meat. I note that for cooking, use only fresh powder. Mustard, made on the basis of expired raw materials, will not work when brewing thick.
How to cook Russian mustard
People have learned how to make mustard a long time ago, and many recipes have been invented for preparing this wonderful seasoning. I will tell you how to make Russian mustard. Even an aspiring cook will master home technology, because it is extremely simple.
Having made a wonderful seasoning, surprise relatives and guests by serving it to the table along with a baked rabbit or other meat treat.
- Mustard powder - 280 g
- Vinegar - 200 ml.
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Sugar - 125 g
- Water - 350 ml.
- Bay leaf.
- First, prepare a few small jars with lids. Wash and dry them thoroughly. Then we prepare marinade.
- Pour 175 milliliters of water into the pot, season with spices and bring to a boil. Boil for five minutes to boil, cool, strain and mix with vinegar.
- In another bowl, boil the remaining water and add carefully sifted mustard powder. Mix everything well. The mass should have a homogeneous state.
- Pour boiling water into the dishes to cover the mustard mass for a few centimeters. After cooling water, send the dishes to the refrigerator. After twelve hours, drain the water and put the oil into the mustard.
- It will remain to combine the mixture with sugar and marinade.
- After thorough mixing, spread out on cans and cover with lids.
- A day later, homemade mustard is ready to eat.
Russian mustard is perfectly combined with meat dishes, on its basis they prepare excellent filling or flavored sauce. In general, I shared the recipe, so I no longer have to buy the product in the store, and this is the first step to saving money.
How to make mustard with grains
Continuing the topic of the article, we consider the recipe for mustard with grains - an excellent seasoning for meat dishes. Some chefs use mustard with grains to make ordinary and Christmas salads.
The taste of this mustard is very delicate.It can safely eat even people who have acute food is contraindicated. Make yourself comfortable and carefully study the step-by-step cooking technology at home.
- Mustard powder - 50 g
- Mustard seeds - 50 g
- Lemon juice - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Cucumber pickle, salt, cloves, nutmeg and pepper.
- In a deep bowl, pour the mustard powder and pour in a little boiling water. To stir thoroughly. Should be a plastic mass. You can add a little water, if the mass is too thick.
- Mustard the mass thoroughly flatten, and pour boiling water on top. The liquid should cover the masses with two fingers. When the water has cooled, drain it.
- Add lemon juice, salt, seeds, pepper, butter and sugar to the mass. After mixing, put in small jars, tamp and close the lids.
- At the end of the day, add a little cucumber pickle and spices to each jar. I use cloves and nutmeg. That's all!
Mustard recipes with dozens of grains, but I like the cooking technology that I have just shared.I hope she will like you too.
Brush Mustard - 2 Recipes
For many gourmet mustard is a favorite seasoning. They eat it with soups, meat dishes and salads, or simply spread it on bread. Grocery stores offer mustard in a finished form in a wide range. But if you want to experience the true taste of homemade seasoning, cook yourself. At the same time, the composition of the finished product will not include harmful additives and colorants, which is useful for health.
Ways of cooking mustard hundreds. I will consider cooking mustard on a cucumber and cabbage pickle.
- Cucumber pickle - 200 ml.
- Mustard powder - 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Vinegar, sugar and spices.
- Pour the mustard powder into a deep container, pour in brine and mix everything.
- In the resulting mixture, add vinegar, oil and sugar. Mix well. It should be a homogeneous mass.
- Move the mustard into a tightly closed jar and leave until the morning in a warm place. Add spices to the jar in the morning. I use cloves, ginger, pepper and cinnamon.
- Cabbage brine - 180 ml.
- Mustard powder - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Mustard powder poured into a jar, pour the cabbage pickle, mix, close the lid and leave overnight. Add vegetable oil to the jar in the morning and mix again.
- To get the mustard turned out really fragrant, warm up the brine before mixing. Alternatively, you can add a little apple cider vinegar, thanks to which seasoning will retain the flavor longer.
You've learned how to make mustard on brine. You can abandon the purchased seasoning and eat only a natural product made with your own hands.
Cooking mustard with honey
Mustard is a versatile product. It is used for cooking toasts and sandwiches, marinating meat and many other purposes. Contrary to simplicity, it is indispensable on the table. Due to the recipe with honey prepare a tasty, sharp and sweetish seasoning, characterized by a honey flavor.
For a good mustard, do not use powder, but seeds. Pass them through a coffee grinder, sift, then use for brewing seasoning.As a result, you will get sweet and sour mustard, the taste of which is both gentle and sharp.
- Mustard seeds - 70 g.
- Water - 50 ml.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Honey - 5 ml.
- Sunflower oil - 20 ml.
- First we make mustard powder. Seeds of mustard through a coffee grinder and sift. It should make about fifty grams of high-quality powder. Add a little salt to it and mix.
- In a dry mixture pour boiling water and carefully rub. If the mixture turns out to be very thick, add a little bit of boiling water.
- In the mustard slurry add honey, lemon juice, vegetable oil and mix.
- It will remain in the tightly closed container and leave for five days to mature. After that you can serve at the table or use it for culinary purposes.
I hope the recipe takes a worthy place in your cookbook. Prepared in this way, the seasoning is perfectly combined with sausages, baked meat and other treats.
How to make fruit mustard
Let's consider in detail the technology of fruit mustard preparation, which perfectly complements the taste of meat dishes, for example, baked mutton in the oven, and is perfectly combined with cheeses.
Surely you guessed that the basis is the fruit.I use grapes, pears or apples. Some cooks manage to make wonderful fruit mustard, even from lemons.
- Sweet apple - 1 pc.
- Dry mustard - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Vinegar - 2 spoons.
- Sugar - h. Spoon.
- Lemon juice - h. Spoon.
- Salt and cinnamon.
- Bake an apple in the oven, pre-wrapped in foil. At a temperature of 170 degrees, fifteen minutes is enough.
- Remove the peel, remove the seeds and pass the apple through a sieve. Combine the apple mass with other ingredients with the exception of vinegar and mix until smooth.
- In a mass trickle pour vinegar and mix. Immediately taste it. If the seasoning is too acidic, you can add some sugar.
- After the purchase of a fruity mustard tender taste, put into jars and keep in the refrigerator for two days. Stir several times a day.
Finished fruit mustard is obtained with a sweet taste, but not strong. You can freely entertain even those children with this culinary miracle.
Mustard is a spicy aromatic plant about fifty centimeters high.There are many varieties, but in our region the black, brown and white varieties are most common.
Useful information, the benefits and harm of mustard
It's hard to say when a man first started using mustard in cooking. It is known that the first mention of the seeds found in ancient manuscripts, which are more than five thousand years. According to historical data, mustard seeds were widely used in cooking by ancient Greek chefs. Mustard paste, which we eat in our time, was invented by the ancient Romans.
Today it is difficult to imagine a table without mustard. This spicy mushy seasoning perfectly complements the dishes of meat, fish and vegetables. It is widely used for making sandwiches, snacks, kebabs and even pizza.
Mustard seeds contain a lot of fat and essential oil. Grains are the raw material from which edible oil is pressed. Cake or mustard powder is used for the production of mustard plaster, antirheumatic patches and classic food seasoning.
Mustard perfectly stimulates appetite, increases saliva production, speeds up the digestion of food,has anti-inflammatory and laxative properties.
The use of small amounts to neutralize toxins, will help cope with indigestion. Excessive use of seasoning can cause irritation of the mucous membrane of the human esophagus.
According to scientists, mustard is a spice that heals the body. It improves digestion and accelerates the absorption of fatty foods. As a result, even a decent portion of tasty pork will not cause heaviness in the stomach.
Many doctors recommend mustard to older people, as the spice stimulates digestion and helps to improve metabolism. Every person struggling with rheumatism, indigestion, hypertension or cardiovascular diseases is simply obliged to eat seasoning.
Mustard based medicines provide an irritant and local enveloping effect. Volatile mustard pairs provide an excellent antibacterial effect, which increases the shelf life of perishable foods.
Pregnant women can eat mustard, provided that the spice does not cause allergic disorders.In some cases, a pregnant woman without seasoning is indispensable, because with a poor appetite, she awakens the desire to eat.
Contraindications and harm
Improper use of spices can harm the body. If there is mustard in pure form or in large quantities, the likelihood of an unpleasant burn increases greatly. The same applies to external use.Doctors do not recommend spice to people suffering from allergies or tuberculosis. An abnormal use can cause shortness of breath, decrease the heart rate, or lead to loss of consciousness.
The article has come to an end on how to make mustard from powder at home. I hope the tips, recipes and recommendations will help to abandon the factory seasoning and replace it with a natural product.
Summing up, I will say that mustard is a useful spice for which there is a place on any table. But, misuse can lead to unpleasant consequences. Therefore, listen to the sense of proportion and do not forget about health.
All types of linoleum and their characteristics
How to organize a small business
Meat in a sweet and sour sauce: a delicious recipe for February 23
Reese Witherspoon wrote an inspirational letter for women
How to cook the dacoise correctly
Simple and cheap method for shining kitchen sink in 3 minutes
29 wedding dresses for which it is worth playing a wedding