How to make an easel with your own hands?
For those who have just started drawing, the question of organizing the space for creativity and acquiring an easel is often extremely relevant. If you have already looked into a specialty store, you might have noticed how expensive such accessories are - the tripod or the cracker version. But do not despair and throw a favorite lesson. At home, you can make an easel with your own hands and organize a quality workplace for the artist. At the same time, you will save a large amount of money, which you can then spend with great pleasure on the purchase of paints, brushes and other devices for your hobby. If you decide to make an easel with your own hands, you will not be able to make dimensional drawings.
Step by step MK to create an easel with his own hands
Making an easel with your own hands for drawing is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. In fact, such a task is quite feasible.Of course, not every woman will cope with it, but a man will easily accomplish a similar task and, without any particular difficulties, will assemble a structure intended for practicing fine arts.
The above are drawings for creating an easel. One of them allows you to determine the size as accurately as possible. Based on them, you can make your easel drawings and determine the size of the structure.
Necessary materials and tools
What do you need to create a personal easel with your own hands for drawing? Here is a list of tools and materials that will be useful to you in the manufacture:
- glue on wood;
- door hinge (2 cm) - 1 pc .;
- sandpaper (100-120);
- crosshead screwdriver;
- pine rail 4.5 × 2 cm long 3 m - 3 pcs .;
- meter and ruler;
- hanging hook 13 cm - 1 pc .;
- nails without hats 2 cm - 4 pcs .;
- hacksaw for wood;
- emery wheel (100–120) - 1 pc .;
- electric screwdriver;
- construction gloves;
- a hammer;
- self-tapping screws 16.5 × 2.7 mm - 4 pcs .;
- self-tapping screws 34 × 2.9 mm - 6 pcs .;
- drill with 6 and 8 mm drills;
- furniture screws with washers and lamb nuts 72 × 5.2 mm - 2 pcs .;
- construction pencil.
The process of manufacturing an easel
So, how to make an easel with your own hands at home? If you have prepared all the necessary materials and tools for work, then you can safely get down to business. There is nothing impracticable. So, we work step by step.
- First you need to prepare the bars, which will be the basis of the easel. If you decide to make an easel with your own hands, it is very easy to determine the size drawings. It is necessary to make 2 bars length 168 cm, 1 element 53 cm, 1 piece 146 cm. It will also be necessary to cut a fragment by 39 cm and 154 cm. These are the sizes of the main parts.
- All the bars must be thoroughly sanded. To do this, you need to use a special grinding machine. It is necessary to carefully walk the ends with sandpaper. Do not forget to use construction gloves at this stage of work. In principle, it is best to always work with wood in them to avoid injury to the hands or even an elementary hit of splinters under the skin.
On a note! If you use pine bars, then keep in mind that there will be a lot of knots on the details. That's why the rake will have to be thoroughly processed.It is best to use power tools for this, since such wood, as the masters say, exfoliates.
- All the bars need to oshkurit. You will need to assemble an easel frame. It is necessary to approach this work as carefully and responsibly as possible. It is best to do this work on the tile floor, because the tile is laid out at a right angle. Such a surface will be a great guide when leveling bars.
- Deciding to assemble an easel for drawing with your own hands, it is also easy to make dimensional drawings. Relying on them, the easel should be assembled from the central bar. This is a rake 146 cm. It is necessary to put the item on the floor. It should lie strictly parallel to the seam, which goes on the tile floor between the tiles.
Note! If there are no rooms in your house where the floors are tiled, it is recommended to make a temporary marking on a normal floor. For this, it is optimal to use an insulating tape or an adhesive tape. This "frame" will be a good axis for the assembly of the structure.
- You will need to collect 2 props. Each of them is equal to 168 cm. Then it is necessary to fix the overlap of the slats by 53 and 39 cm.To do this, they must first make holes. For this, it is best to use drills with a diameter of 6 mm. Joints should be greased with wood glue. The parts themselves will need to be placed relative to each other. Self-tapping screws should fix the joints.
- Next, take the door hinge. It should be installed on the rear rail, whose length is 39 cm. The detail is placed in the center. With its help, a rake 154 cm long is attached to a small bar. It needs to be corrected along its length. It is best to use for fixing a drill with a diameter of 6 mm.
- Next, you need to perform the shelves that are needed for the subframe. For this you need to take the casing. It is good if its width is 5 cm. The optimal length of the part is 60 cm. In total, it is necessary to prepare 3 such elements. Need to make 2 holes. They are performed at a distance of 15 cm from the edge of the part. For this you should use a drill with a diameter of 8 mm. Only 2 should be fastened with nails with a hammer from the slats. They are placed with respect to each other at a right angle. As a result, it will just turn out a wonderful shelf. The back plate will be a good retainer for this item.
Glue must dry thoroughly. It is recommended to give him for this 1 day. After 24 hours, you can safely continue to build your own easel. It will need to be installed in a horizontal position. Now it is necessary to fix the shelf for the subframe. Independently, it needs to be adjusted according to the height level in order for the artist to work comfortably. Also at this stage it is necessary to fix the hinged hook. It is this part that will hold the rear support.
On a note! Complete the work on creating your own easel made of wood at home can be painted. To do this, optimally use the stain or varnish. But you can take another favorite paint.
Step-by-step MK to create a folding children's easel with their own hands
For beginning young artists, you can make the most simple, but fairly easy-to-use tabletop easel for drawing from a cardboard box. Such a design is simply made simple. She can easily make a mother or older sister without male help. There's nothing to nail,cut or sandpaper is not exactly required. For all the work on creating an elementary simple easel for the child will take no more than 10 minutes.
Necessary materials and tools
So, how at home to make an easel with your own hands for a child? Folding option from scrap materials make simple as possible. To make a primitive easel for children's creative activity, you will need to use the most unpretentious and accessible materials. So, here is what will be necessary in order to make a children's easel with your own hands:
- carton boxes;
- tight adhesive tape;
- stationery knife.
The process of creating a children's easel from a cardboard box
Independently to make a small folding easel from a cardboard box, as it was already told above, it is easy.
- The first step is to prepare all the necessary tools and materials. As for the velcro, it’s not at all necessary to go after them to a specialized shop selling sewing accessories. If at home there are old and unnecessary shoes or clothes, then such a device can be cut off from them.Look, for sure there are "flypapers" on old cases for tablets or phones. Then you need to do the selected cardboard boxes. Here, too, it should be noted that to create an easel, we need fairly large capacities. In a small square, the child will simply be uninteresting to draw. From the box should be cut off 2 sides. These are adjacent planes connected by a common angle. It is not necessary to cut it!
- Two cardboard sides should be folded. It is best to install them at an acute angle (30-40 degrees is optimal). But here you should independently adjust the degree of inclination, focusing on how your child is more comfortable to draw. "Velcro" need to fix the result.
On a note! If the house, at hand, you did not have "sticky" - neither old nor new, then you should not be upset. They can always be replaced by the usual tape. Oh, he is always in use!
Of course, it may be quite a fair question about how to use the resulting structure during creative activities. It's all simple. The next sheet for a picture can be fixed with buttons or scotch tape. As necessary, the used canvas is removed and clean paper is attached in the same way.
If you decide to make a real folding collapsible easel for drawing or a tripod option at home, you should preview a few videos with step-by-step recommendations:
Aroma wallpaper - a new word in interior design
How to identify and treat thyrotoxicosis
Crochet donut needle bar
List of the most successful souvenirs
Enrique Iglesias portrays a whale in the pool
Top 10 cool and a little strange TV series
Caramel apples with chocolate and nuts
How to organize a small business