EASIEST way to make popsicle stick butterfly knife - DIY 2018
How to Make a Butterfly Out of Plastic Spoons
Gather the materials you will need for this project, listed below.
Put a craft cloth or some newspaper down on your working surface.
Cut the top portion of the four spoons off (leaving about half an inch of the handle left.) The top portion is the flat spoon part.
Using the cut-off handle of one of the spoons, make that the "body" of the butterfly.
Glue all four of the tops of the spoons to the back.Make sure you are careful when using the hot glue. Slant the top two wings about 45° up and the bottom two 45° down. Let dry.
Decorate the wings.Glue fake jewels or add glitter to the "spoon" wings, or make pretty designs with the markers.
For this method, you can make up your own design for the butterfly.
Repeat Steps 1 to 2 in the first method (the simple butterfly), but instead of using four spoons, do this to 12 spoons.You can also do it to more, just make sure the number of spoons is divisible by four.
Use the handle of one of the spoons as the body again.
For the wings, glue three of the spoon tops together to create a wing shape.Do this with the other groups of three spoons.
Let the glue dry, then attach the wing shaped spoon tops to the body.
- You can also use more spoon tops on the top or bottom of the butterfly to create different sized wings. For example, to have bigger top wings than bottom ones, you would have three spoons for each wing on the top and two spoons for each wing on the bottom.
Decorate your butterfly with jewels, glitter, or sharpies as desired.You may also paint the spoons (make sure the paint can adhere to the plastic.) If you're going to paint the spoons, you will need a couple coats of paint so the butterfly will look bright — so there won't be any streaky bits of plastic showing.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Try drawing out your design before cutting and gluing the spoons together.
- Use white spoons for easier decorating.
- When cutting the spoons, the plastic can fling up into your eyes — try to wear safety goggles or sunglasses.
- Make sure you have an adult or older sibling to handle or help you handle the glue gun.
Things You'll Need
4 plastic spoons
Hot glue (it is best to use hot glue but you can use PVA glue; however, there will be a longer drying time and it may not be as strong)
Extra tools to decorate your butterfly (e.g. plastic decorations, gems, sharpies, etc.)
- It'simportantthat you wear the safety glasses to protect your eyes while using a hot glue gun and when cutting the spoons. The plastic and glue may get into your eyes.
Some material to cover your working space
- A newspaper or two will do but if you have one, use a craft cloth.
Video: Easy Finger Knitting How To - DIY Yarn Butterfly
Happy Birthday, Rihanna Her 9 Best Beauty Looks
Life Stories: Björk
How to have more self-discipline
How to Identify Gemstones
Acne Studios Launching First Eyewear Collection
18 Powerful Benefits Of Zinc, Including Boosting Immunity And Combating Cancer
How To Use Avocado For Dry And Damaged Hair
Making Sense of Disordered Eating
Eating Peppers Might Help Prevent Parkinson’s
Mom Delays Cancer Treatment to Save Her Unborn Baby, Then Dies
Showing Patients Images of Their Clogged Arteries a Powerful Wake-Up Call
How to Make Your Own Try Plane
How to Disconnect Yourself from Electronics
Date: 12.12.2018, 10:22 / Views: 45494