WOULD YOU ADVISE THE MUSLIMS TO FOLLOW THE PRINCIPLES OF MAHATMA GANDHI? -DR ZAKIR NAIK
How to Follow Gandhi's Principles
To understand what the principles are.There are 6 principles that Mahatma Gandhi followed:
- Truth: learning from your own mistakes and conducting experiments on yourself.
- Nonviolence: nonresistance connected in a way to religion..
- Vegetarianism: carved in the Hindu and Jain traditions in India.
- Brahmacharya: spiritual and practical purity.
- Simplicity: giving up unnecessary spending.
- Faith: belief in a Higher power and that all religions are real and are equal.
Understand what is different of where and when Mahatma Gandhi lived and where and when you live
- He lived in India during the '30s and '40s when he was following these principles.
- We live in a society and amongst a generation that has a lot more technology, is more materialistic and we are not fighting for the same reasons (we have 'freedom'(opportunities to do what we want to do))
Manipulate the principles to not lose the meaning behind them but be able to apply them without feeling restricted.Here is an example:
- Truth: fight your own inner demons, fear and insecurities. Everyone is unique in this world and therefore, one should not compare with others. Be honest with yourself of who you are and what you want. If you think there is something to fix, then fix it.
- Nonviolence: control your temper and also your thoughts. What we think, we become and therefore if you always are thinking of hurting someone or feeling extremely angry at someone, those are the vibes you'll be giving to others. Best way to be nonviolent is to think positive and believe that whatever happens, it is for a good reason.
- Vegetarianism: not everyone can resist meat, but you can control your consumption. For health reasons, avoiding eating a lot of red meat is a good idea.
- Brahmacharya: many of us want to get married and have children or be intimate with someone. Therefore, becoming a brahmacharya might not be possible. However, you could reduce thinking of the opposite sex as an object. You could also wait to be intimate with someone till after marriage.
- Simplicity: life in the western countries tends to be quite fast. Do you need the latest fashion clothing or can you wear the clothes you already have? Do you need 50-100 pairs of shoes? Do you need the latest gadgets? Do you need a brand new BMW? Simplicity doesn't mean foregoing all your desires, but not buying something right away or something you don't really need. Simplicity also means being happy with what you are given and have.
- Faith: believing that there is someone or something higher than you. You don't need to believe in God, but believing that everyone is equal and you are no less or more than someone else. It is knowing your values, ethics and morals. Faith is not following others blindly especially when someone else is doing something that your heart says is not right.
QuestionIf I am alone in a class, a good student, and all are harassing me, what should I do?Community AnswerYou probably can not be the only 'good student' in the class. Some people only follow bullies if they are scared of them, and are trying to avoid their attention. Try and seek out those people. Remember, everyone has some good in them, no matter how big or small.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I change a bad person into a good person?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAdvise the person, don't scold them. Explain the benefits of being a good person and explain how their bad characteristics affect them and everyone around them. Give specific examples. Try to be patient with them, nobody can change overnight.Thanks!
QuestionWould it be wrong to cheat on an exam?Community AnswerYes, cheating is wrong because whatever you gain from cheating is worth nothing. The best way to overcome any obstacle is to take it straight on. Don't cheat!Thanks!
QuestionI have tried to become a vegetarian twice, and each time I was met with medical problems. Could it still be possible for me to honor my fellow animals without going to such an extreme?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are having medical problems due to a diet without meat, you should not try to become a vegetarian again (unless your doctor can identify the problem and treat it adequately). You can honor animals by maybe not eating meat as often, or picking a day or two when you will not. You could also say a prayer or a blessing before eating, like thanking God for giving up this animal so that you can eat and be healthy.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does Mahatma mean?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMahatma means a revered person regarded with love and respect, or a holy person or sage.Thanks!
How to manage team in the office
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Read books on Mahatma Gandhi.
- Have patience because it is easy to learn a bad habit, but hard to let go of one.
- Understand what you want out of life and know who you are; in this way you will be following these principles.
- Watch film 'GANDHI' (English film) on Mahatma Gandhi and 'Lage Raho Munna Bhai' (Hindi film)
- See how these principles can fit in your lifestyle and make modifications to your lifestyle where you see it requires
- You can also modify the principles without losing the meaning behind what Gandhi was trying to teach.
- Not all 6 principles need to be followed exactly the same way because your desires and wants also matter.
Video: 10 Principles of Gandhi
Jameela Jamil does her bit for International Women’s Day
How to Think Inside of the Box
How to make nipples pinker
6 Moves To Erase Back Tension After A Truly Terrible Day
How to Make a Floral Bow
The Best Winter Gloves to Stock Up OnNow
Nick Clegg answers your mental health questions
Slow-Cooker Monday: Chili-Orange Chicken
How to Work for Comcast
Is Tea Beer Healthier Than Traditional Beer
8 Ways to Increase Your Willpower
Marie Claire meets Jennine Jacob
Pinterests CEO doesnt regret giving his phone number to early users
Private chef from Nosh with Tash: How to save money grocery shopping
50 South Park Tattoo Ideas For Men – Animated Designs
Date: 12.12.2018, 11:02 / Views: 75373