What is dacoise?
The French word “dacquoise” denotes the king of biscuit, which is externally covered with a crisp crust, and inside is soft, fragrant and juicy, even without any impregnation. The highlight of the dessert is that almond or hazelnut flour is used to make the cake. This is a traditional, classic version of dacoise.
There are also varieties with the addition of berries, fruits, chocolate and other products that practically do not emit juice, and therefore do not spoil the dough. From this and the diversity in the name of the culinary masterpiece:
In Southwestern France, Dacuaise is a traditional cake, in which the cakes are nut meringue and the cream is buttered or whipped cream. How to cook it? Such yummy is cooked very easily and quickly, and even those who have no special skills in cooking can do it.
To create the perfect biscuit you will need:
- almond flour - about 145 g;
- icing sugar - about 100 grams;
- a little flour - 55 g;
- vanilla, vanilla pod or vanilla sugar;
- chicken eggs proteins - 8 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 80 grams;
- almond platelets.
The composition of the oil cream with the addition of coffee extract:
- chicken egg yolks - 7 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 230 g;
- water - 100 ml;
- butter - 360 g (get it from the refrigerator in advance to warm to room temperature);
- coffee extract - 15 milliliters.
To prepare coffee extract in a volume of 500 ml you will need:
- granulated sugar - 0,5 kg;
- pure water - 250 ml;
- instant coffee - 250 ml.
Course of preparation:
Turn on the oven and set the mode - 180 degrees.
In a bowl, mix flour + icing sugar + almond flour + vanillin or vanilla sugar. If almond flour is not available, it can be prepared:
- we put in a bowl 140 grams of raw (not fried) almonds;
- pour hot boiled water;
- after five minutes, drain the water and remove the peel from the nuts;
- pour it on a baking tray and put it in the oven to a low temperature mode - about 100 degrees;
- dry the grain for 90 minutes;
- leave to cool, and then grind in a coffee grinder or blender.
Whisk the egg whites to a lush white foam, gradually add the sugar.As a result, a mass must turn out that does not spread when it rolls over - it keeps the shape.
In the protein mass we pour a mixture consisting of flour and sugar, stirring slowly, with cautious movements. It will be right to use a wooden spatula or a noise for this. By the way, it's okay if you can see the smallest lumps of flour.
We pour the mass into two forms covered with baking paper and lubricated with butter.
We put in the previously included oven and bake for 0.5 hours at 180 degrees.
After this time, the cakes are drawn out of the oven, give time to cool and separate from the parchment paper.
We smear with coffee butter cream, cooked while baking cakes.
- In non-stick cookware, cook the syrup from water and sugar until the droplets on the saucer begin to crystallize. You will spend a few minutes on this. By the way, the mixture does not need to interfere in order to avoid crystallization.
- Whisk yolks to whitish state, add syrup, pouring it with a thin trickle.
- After five minutes, add the oil and a little coffee extract.It turns out an oily mass of pleasant golden color.
Making coffee extract:
- sugar poured into a non-stick saucepan, cook until the state of liquid caramel;
- add one glass of warm water;
- separately in a glass of warm water we dilute coffee, pour it into caramel;
- ready extract is obtained more than you need for dacoise, so put the residue in the fridge and use it to make creams, ice cream, baking, etc.
All! Almond sponge cake is ready!
Surprise the culinary masterpiece of their loved ones!
2012 year of the Dragon: how to celebrate the New Year holidays
Original panel: three-dimensional paintings on embossed foil
How to choose a laptop for home
When will celebrate Easter in 2018
Laser teeth whitening safely
Horoscope for 2016 for Virgo
Master Class for 2017 Year of the Rooster Christmas Tree Chicken