Effective methods to combat odor in the refrigerator
The problem of an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator has existed since the appearance of these aggregates. This trouble can provide a bad mood to every hostess. Proceeding from the above, many people want to learn how to get rid of the unpleasant "flavor" in the refrigerator.
In order to remove the smell in the refrigerator, you must know the source of its occurrence. Without understanding the cause of the unpleasant “flavor”, it will be difficult to eliminate it.
Causes of odor
- Improper storage of food. For example, if you store products without packaging, you need to know that the fish, any sausage or foul egg can soak up the refrigerator with its "fragrances", which will be a real problem for you. Also, the cause of an unpleasant smell may be lost food. If, for example, you forgot about some small fold, which for a long time lies on the door of the refrigerator, it is understandable that it multiplied a large number of bacteria. They also became the reason for an unpleasant smell.
- The smell of "novelty."If you do not know how to get rid of the smell in the unit, which was bought recently, then you need to know what it came from. The main reason for the smell, in this case, are small plastic particles that are on the walls of the chambers. Even if nothing is done with this problem, the smell will eventually pass by itself. But in case you decide to get rid of this “aroma”, then just wash the refrigerator compartment. Also, the machine may have a smell of machine lubricant or metal, but it will also pass by itself.
- If the refrigerator defrosted itself. This happens due to a breakdown or power outage. Products in the freezer are gradually defrosted and begin to fill the entire refrigerator with an unpleasant odor.
Several ways to get rid of the smell in the fridge
- The use of specially designed modern household chemicals. This method is the most effective, but it is not recommended to use chemistry where there is food, otherwise overdoing with such funds can be harmful to health.
- With the help of folk remedies. Folk recipes are built on natural substances, and if properly applied, they are absolutely safe.
- Absorbers and air fresheners.Odor absorbers for the refrigerator come in different shapes. If they are egg-shaped, they can be inserted into the egg tray. There are also devices that can be hung on a shelf or door, and they will not take up much space.
- Air ozonizers. Such devices are difficult to find in stores, so they are usually ordered on the Internet. Their principle of operation is as follows: first, the ozonizer removes ozone for 30 minutes, then, maintaining its concentration, it will turn off after every hour for a few minutes. You need to know that when opening the door of the refrigerator, the concentration of ozone drops to a minimum, so it will not be enough to disinfect it. So during operation of the device, the unit is recommended not to open.
First you need to turn off the unit from electricity, and then remove all food from it. Then, it is advisable to rinse it with plain water, with special attention should be paid to the drain hole. That it may be clogged and be a source of unpleasant "flavor".
Use of various sinks and chemicals
If you use chemicals to eliminate the smell in the refrigerator, you need to know that they should be used,if folk remedies are not able to cope with such a task. Despite the fact that household chemicals act as quickly as possible, it is worth considering that it can be harmful. Remember that it is not only unpleasant, but also dangerous to store food in the smelly refrigerator.
Odor absorbers are different. They differ in composition, form, price and method of work.
The most popular options are:
- Refreshing balls. Each package contains 3 balls, which are very easily disassembled. Inside there is a bag of silicogen. It is designed to absorb unpleasant "aromas." Prior to use, it should not be opened, since the silicogen may lose all its properties. Balls that you have not used, put in a plastic bag and use them another time. This pack is quite enough for the whole year, and such an absorber is the cheapest.
- Absorbers in the form of eggs. These refrigerator odor absorbers are in the shape of a chicken egg and bluish-white in color at room temperature. After putting it in the fridge, the air freshener turns white. If he did not change his color, it means that the unit does not have the correct temperature for preserving the products, respectively, because of this they deteriorate.
- Absorber containing a dispenser.The replaceable filter of this freshener contains coal granules. He has no smell, but eliminates all the unpleasant "flavors" without problems. They are usually completed with two filters, each of which lasts for 2 months. Not all fresheners are equipped with convenient fasteners, and this disadvantage does not suit many consumers.
- Gel absorbers. They usually consist of extracts of algae and lemon extract, and sometimes silver ions can be found in the composition. These funds tend to absorb an unpleasant odor 2 times faster than the rest. You just need to put the packaging in the tray for eggs, so you can see when the gel is over and therefore it will need to be replaced.
- Ionizer absorbers. Such means, besides absorption of an unpleasant smell, are capable of restraining the rotting of products. Thanks to this property, they destroy all bacteria. If you are really worried about the problem of smell in the refrigerator, be sure to buy this device. To operate the device, you will need 4 batteries. Thanks to the installed indicator, you can see when you need to change the battery. Such an ionizer serves for a very long time, with which it is not always necessary in the refrigerator. It will be enough to hold it on the shelf a few minutes a day.
Freezers at meat processing plants are washed with similar means, the most popular of which is Odorgon. After washing, the unpleasant "aromas" disappear in 12 hours. There are also such tools that do not contain chemicals dangerous for refrigerators, they destroy bacteria and various fragrances. As an example, you can take “Indesite for refrigerators”.
Combating unpleasant odors by folk methods
- Ammonia. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of ammonia in 1 liter. water, then the resulting solution wipe your unit.
- Soda. To begin with, rinse the unit well with plain water, then leave several containers of baking soda in the fridge for a few weeks.
- Vinegar. Dilute vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and rinse the whole unit with a solution. For better effect, you can leave the glass with the solution for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Coffee beans. They will be able to kill an unpleasant "fragrance" for a while, but not to eliminate it.
- Activated carbon. Knock down 30 tablets of activated charcoal, and put this powder in the refrigerator overnight.
Home-made cider is a great drink for your mood
Narrow locker in the bathroom
5 packs based on the Game of Thrones
Duchess Catherine commented on the news of the engagement of Prince Harry
New 2013 on the sea - New Year resorts, cruises and tours
10 unusual and interesting museums in London