Cleaning suede shoes at home
Suede shoes look rich and beautiful, although it is considered impractical. It requires special care, especially during the cold season, when utilities treat the roads with reagents. No woman is ready to abandon the fashion accessory made of natural suede, so it is so important to know how to properly clean suede boots.
Preparation and precautions
Before you start cleaning, you must determine the material from which your boots are made. For testing, you can drop water on the toe of a shoe. If the moisture is absorbed, it is a natural material. If a drop of water has rolled down, you have artificial suede.
Natural materials require a lot of attention and care, rather than their artificial counterparts. Suede is prone to deformation, as it tends to stretch. From moisture, it loses its original appearance and becomes coarse.
But the artificial analog is picky, durable and practical, not to mention low cost.Despite a number of drawbacks of natural leather, it is breathable. Thanks to this, the feet do not sweat and breathe, even in the warm season.
Starting to care for suede boots, you must follow the following points.
- To wipe a surface with a dry napkin (will absorb the remains of moisture and dust).
- Dry your shoes well. Suede shoes should be dried naturally. It is impossible to use the hair dryer and other heating devices.
- The dust and dirt deposits are perfectly removed using a special soft-bristled brush. It is necessary to brush several times on the polluted areas of the boots, and they will be like new ones! Remember, active circular movements with a brush can damage the pile.
- Shiny areas may be traced in some areas. A little comb the pile to the villi lie in the right direction.
- During the time of wear, the color of the suede may fade. In this case, use special dyes. They will not only brighten the boots, but also protect them from moisture. It is advisable to buy proven tools from well-known manufacturers, as natural suede is very capricious.
Subject to the rules to clean shoes at home is simple and easy!
Effective folk methods against dirt and stains
It is not uncommon for greasy stains, lube oil, reagents and salt to get into boots, shoes or shoes. There are several ways to get rid of them.
Starch and ammonia
For small stains, a classic recipe will do. For the mixture, you will need potato starch and a few drops of ammonia. Mix the ingredients, apply the mixture to the problem site. After complete drying, shake off the starch residues and wipe with a soft brush.
Old, greasy stains are easily removed with gasoline. Cotton disc moistened with gasoline, gently wipe the stain. Then the affected area is treated with a damp sponge and a dry cloth to remove excess moisture.
Milk, baking soda and ammonia
If the shoes get wet and become rough, you can resort to using the following means.For cooking you will need:
- Milk - ½ cup.
- Baking soda - 2 tsp.
- Ammonia - 2-3 drops.
Mix all the ingredients. In a solution, moisten the sponge and gently wipe the coarsened surface. After drying the usual movements "comb" boots, and you can enjoy the result.
Starch and Talc
Fresh oily stains are perfectly rendered with starch or talcum powder. To do this, sprinkle them with one of the means and leave for 6 - 7 hours. Then shake off the remnants of the product and brush the surface with a brush.
In winter, one of the problems are traces of reagents on suede boots, shoes or shoes. An excellent means of eliminating white plaque, is a solution of ammonia.
Mix ammonia with water in a ratio of 1: 5, moisten a foam sponge in the solution and wipe problem areas. Improve the result, you can treat the surface with table vinegar. After all the procedures, pat the shoes with a paper towel.
A soap solution will help in the fight against coarse skin. For cooking you will need:
- Water - 1 cup.
- Liquid soap - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Ammonia - 6 drops.
All the ingredients are mixed, and then using a sponge, apply foam to the shoes. After 5 minutes, remove residual soap from the surface with a damp cloth.
In some cases, an eraser or a small piece of foam rubber may help. Shiny places are treated with a crust of rye bread.
Some spots and stains can be eliminated with steam. Professional cleaning is carried out using steam-generating devices. But not every landlady can afford it. However, the result when steam cleaning at home is no worse.
- Clean shoes from dust and dirt using the methods that were previously presented.
- Put the pot of water on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Hold your shoes over the steam without touching the pan, and you will see how the transformation takes place.
At the end of the procedure, comb and smooth the pile with a familiar gesture.
Features of cleaning white suede
Purchasing white suede garments is a risky business, and cleaning of such items should be delicate. Classical methods may not be suitable for light colors. The following options are effective but gentle methods.
- The stains from the reagent removes glycerin. To do this, just wipe them the product.
- Traces of dirt will help remove the solution of soda and milk. In one glass of milk, add half a tablespoon of soda. Use a sponge to thoroughly clean the shoes and let it dry. Leftover soda is easily removed with a paper towel.
- Dental powder or paste perfectly removes stale traces of dirt. It is enough to rub the paste in the problematic place, and then remove dried remains with a napkin.
- Return a snow-white look can solution of liquid ammonia, water and hydrogen peroxide. In a glass of water, add a teaspoon of alcohol and peroxide. According to the previous scheme, treat the surface.
- For dry cleaning, talc or starch is used.
The market is replete with a variety of suede leather care products.
- Special brush with soft pile for cleaning suede shoes.
- Restorer color for suede.
- Paint for suede different shades.
- Impregnation is water repellent.
- Shoe cleaner from salt and reagents.
- Shoe cleaning foam.
With such a set, a walk in any weather will be pleasant and carefree!
Features of shoe care from suede
To keep the original look of suede shoes, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not wash under running water.
- Do not dry near heaters or near a battery.
- When cleaning material of different shades, use different brushes.
- Suede boots can not be stored folded.
Suede boots are a fashion accessory and favorite item of many girls' wardrobe. The hostess of such shoes should know how to properly care for her, because suede - capricious material. With timely care shoes will last for many years to the joy of the owner.
All types of linoleum and their characteristics
Critical thinking in a child: what to do about it
Beautiful and original handbag made of felt. Master Class
What is the norm of testosterone for women
Secrets of amazing ganutele technique