Bright and unusual flower of Krynum
You can decorate and revitalize the interior of a house or apartment using unusual colors. One of them is a crinum.
Crinum is a bulbous tropical plant belonging to the family of Amaryllis, which is distinguished by its large bulb size. The flower has very long smooth leaves that resemble hair (that is why, by the way, such a name appeared, which is translated from Latin as “hair”). Flowers are gentle and light, resemble lilies and have oblong petals.
There are a variety of species, and they all differ not only in appearance, but also in terms of growth. So, in the winter gardens and cool rooms are grown broadleaf crinum, floriferous, Macovana.
As an aquarium or a water flower, such varieties as purple and floating crinum may be contained. In the open ground in the garden you can plant a Powell view, in a warm greenhouse virgin, rough, girlish and Ceylon species will feel comfortable.And for home content ideal krinum Moore.
Soil and pot location
To begin with, you need to pick the right primer. It should be fertile, nutritious and loose. So, you can prepare a mixture of two parts of turf land, a part of coarse sand and two parts of leafy earth. You can also mix in equal proportions peat, humus, river sand and leaf earth, adding a double amount of sod-clay soil. Another option is a ready mix for tropical bulbous plants. It is best to use charcoal for drainage.
It is equally important to find a suitable place to place the pot. The best solution is to put it on the south or east window, if there is one. In either case, the party must be well illuminated. In the summer, you can move the flower to the open air, for example, on a balcony or in the garden.
How to grow a flower krinum? To do this, you need to create optimal conditions for its growth:
- The optimum summer temperature is 23-27 degrees. During the winter rest, which begins around October and lasts in the middle of spring, the temperature should be within 10-15 degrees.But the figures may be different for individual types of plants, so consider the features of the crinum you have acquired.
- One of the most important conditions is abundant and almost constant illumination. Shading is not required; on the contrary, the brighter the light, the faster the krinum will grow and bloom more abundantly. But it is important to ensure that the leaves and flowers do not come into contact with a rapidly heating window glass, this can lead to burns. And after a period of rest, in which the lighting should be moderate, it is necessary to increase its intensity gradually so that the plant has time to get used and adapt. If natural light is not enough, artificial light will do, but the lamp should remain on for about 12-14 hours a day.
- Humidity is not so important, but still if the air is excessively dry, then the plant can be sprayed once or twice a week or wiped with a damp sponge.
- Proper care is regular and fairly abundant watering, which should be carried out during the active growing season. Therefore, in summer, during flowering, water the cinnamon with warm settled water as the topsoil dries.During the rest period, reduce the amount of water, but do not allow strong drying of the soil, it can destroy the flower.
- Need and feeding. Fertilizer is introduced after the appearance of the first young green leaves. You can use complex tools for home plants. Top dressing is carried out once in two weeks, and after all flowers bloom, they should be stopped before the new growing season.
- Transplantation takes place every three or four years as it grows before flowering. And the bulb should rise by a third above the ground.
Home Krinum multiplies in onion and seed. Planted one by one in a mixture of sand and peat, the seeds will probably germinate, but with this method, flowering will begin only five years later. But if you separate the daughter bulb, then the flowers can be seen in the second or third year.
But do not separate the "kids" too early: they must be with the mother plant for at least three to four years. Also you should choose the largest bulbs: they bloom much faster. Planted young shoots need to be in a separate small pot with suitable soil.
Crinum can be affected by pests such as mealybugs and spider mites. You can see them by bloom or spots on the leaves. Another possible problem is root rotting as a result of over-wetting of the soil during the winter dormancy period.
Let your flower grow and please you!
How to clean a stainless steel
Quilling snowdrops master class
The trailer for the musical The Greatest Showman with Hugh Jackman
Your IQ is above average if you pass this test
What is office work
Pedometer - how to choose how to use
Searchlight with remote control
Useful tips for creating pothook