3 main superfoods of March (potatoes, beet and sauerkraut) + recipes, how to prepare them
Contrary to the mistaken opinion of dietomans, potatoes are not at all a starched bomb that tears your waist down to unimaginable latitudes, but an incredibly nutritious low-calorie product that hides a lot of useful things behind its unattractiveness.
proteins 2.0 g
fats 0.4 g
carbohydrate 18.1 g
Only 80 kcal
Pureeed or in uniform, country-style potatoes and simply young boiled with butter and dill - TASTY! But why, when it comes to potatoes, imagination immediately draws a bag of "McDuck" with fatty fat or a pack of chips? Even just baked potatoes, many do not even imagine without mayonnaise with bacon! .. Such blasphemous methods of treatment turn any product into poison. Meanwhile, there are plenty of ways to cook potatoes useful.Yes, you heard it right!
Potatoes are rich in dietary fiber, even its skin has fiber. That's why in the season - and the season for potatoes is year-round (it is cultivated all over the world) - young, well-washed potatoes should be cooked "in uniform". It is also pleasant that potato fiber (not to be confused with starch) does not irritate the gastric mucosa, therefore, boiled potatoes can be eaten even during exacerbation of gastritis and ulcers, and mashed potatoes without oil and salt are mandatory for use during periods of illness.
Nutritional elements (carotenoids, flavonoids and caffeic acids) contained in tubers are in easily digestible form, which means they quickly break up into simple sugars, instantly supplying the body with energy. Potato starch lowers cholesterol in the liver. Potatoes have anti-sclerotic properties. Due to the high content of potassium with magnesium, the potato removes excess water from the body (very important information for patients with renal insufficiency and ... drinkers). They say if you drink alcohol with potato, then there will be no swelling in the morning. In my opinion, it's safer not to drink, is it ?!
Almond Pesto Potato Salad
We will need:
- peeled or unpeeled potatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 10–15 pieces of almond
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- pinch of pepper
- salt is not necessary
- Potatoes are peeled or baked in a uniform, pre-sprinkled with lime and sprinkled with freshly ground pepper. No oven ?! Then boil - it will be no less tasty.
- Greens thoroughly washed and dried. Garlic and avocado peeled. Pre-soaked for a couple of hours almonds chop. Mix all the ingredients in the blender until a creamy paste is obtained. Add the lime juice. Season with pepper. I do not advise to salt, in a potato there is enough own salt.
- Stir potatoes and pesto.
- Served as a side dish, but the best is your own.
Have you ever wondered what caused the longevity of our ancestors, no ?! They say it's all about beets. Babulin salad "Health", "Kholodnik", "Borsch", beets with prunes or just such a sweet young beets, grated with young garlic, - a whole volume can be devoted to Russian national dishes with beets.
proteins 1.8 g
fat 0.1 g
carbohydrate 4.4 g
Only 19 kcal
This purple root vegetable is an unsurpassed source of nutrient nutrients that provide complete protection to the cardiovascular system, as well as prevent the development of cancer tumors (in particular colon cancer) and prevent the spread of hereditary pathologies.
The pigment to which the beets should be grateful for their purple, called batalain - a powerful antioxidant and stimulator of important metabolic processes. By combining toxic substances with small nutrient groups, batalain accelerates the elimination of toxins.
It should be noted that the combination of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of beet makes it a reliable defender against cancer. Do not forget about the uniqueness of beet fiber, because it, exactly like the fiber of carrots, plays a significant role in improving the digestive tract and cardiovascular system.
March orange beetroot soup with #detoxstyle chickpeas croutons
We will need two servings:
- 2-3 small beets (when choosing this root, especially not in season,make a start from the size: large ones most likely outgrown and may turn out to be white streaked)
- 1–2 oranges
- piece of ginger
- 100 g sprouted chickpeas
- ground saffron, coriander and pepper
- several sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Beets are very well washed and cleaned of dirt with a brush. We wrap in foil and bake at a maximum temperature of 30-50 minutes, depending on the size of the root (preferably on a dry baking sheet, then it will be juicier and sweeter).
- Ginger rubbed on a fine grater. Squeeze the ginger. Sprouted chickpeas (soon I will talk about its properties) boil for 15 minutes and shake it in a colander, mix with spices and send to the oven for 10-12 minutes. It will turn out crisp on the outside and soft on the inside (if you use dry, pre-soak for at least 12 hours and boil until ready).
- Beets are cleaned and pureed in a blender with ginger and orange juice, if necessary, you can add water. Pour into a saucepan. Warm up. Serve with chickpea croutons.
Here, perhaps, is another mandatory and incredibly nutritious component of the daily diet of all Russian centenarians. Especially popular in the # post.
proteins 1.8 g
fat 0.1 g
carbohydrate 4.4 g
Only 19 kcal
Among all the possible ways of preserving fruits and vegetables, fermentation is the most useful. Plus, fermentation greatly enhances the nutritional value of cabbage, giving it extra super strength.
In the process of souring cabbage turns into a natural probiotic. Lactic acid produced by lactobacilli protects cabbage from spoilage and literally “digests” it for us, making all the nutrients in it even easier to assimilate. That is why sauerkraut is strongly recommended for people with gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance (milk protein).
During Lent it is worth mentioning another amazing feature of sauerkraut. The lactobacilli contained in it are an excellent source of B vitamins and help our body synthesize vitamin B12, and only animal products are endowed with this ability. Now you can safely switch to vegetable nutrition, without fear of missing something important.
Sauerkraut can be added to pies and salads, cooked cabbage soup, served as a side dish, and even fried pancakes from it, but the most useful is simply to eat it.Therefore, remember the recipe for the most correct fermented cabbage from Nastya Fedorina.
We will need:
- 1.5 kg of cabbage
- net container for fermentation (glass or plastic, but not metal)
- cabbage and / or other vegetables
- 1.5 liters of brine
Preparation of healthy brine
- Cut cabbage and put it into a container for souring (glass or plastic, but not metal), pour it with clean water and leave it for 2–3 days warm (+25 ° C).
- Squeeze and throw away cabbage leaves.
- We filter the resulting sour juice and use it as a brine for salt-free ferment.
- Cut cabbage and / or other vegetables for sourdoughing into straws and fold tightly into a clean container, pour in brine and leave it under heat in a heat (+23 ° C - +25 ° C) for two days, after which we hide it in the cold (+5 ° С) for 3-5 days.
Important! The more cabbage will stand in the heat, the less you need to keep it in the cold. And vice versa. The less in the heat, the longer it will be in the cold. New cabbage can be poured with the same brine or diluted with water as needed.For three days, ideally crispy cabbage is obtained with the scheme: 2.5 days warm (+23 ° C + 25 ° C), and then 10 hours in the cold (+ 5 ° C - +7 ° C)
- While the cabbage is warm, we pierce it several times a day with a clean stick in order to release gases (the cabbage is drawn and fixed).
For the first brine, you need about one and a half liters of the original juice to ferment the cabbage in a 4-liter container. To get one and a half liters of the first juice, you need to cut a half kilo of cabbage and fill it with water.
Tomatoes in Korean - an excellent appetizer with a divine flavor
Refinement of the charger - add heat sinks
When will celebrate Easter in 2018
Quilling snowdrops master class
What teeth whitening strips really work?
The main features of the style preppy
Best New Year Gift Ideas